EOS Solutions Paypal Debt

beanem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know there is a load of threads on this already, but I have no clue what to do. I'm at uni and have come home to a letter from EOS sent a month ago for a debt from Paypal for £480. I have no clue what this could be as I have only used my Paypal account once for £9.95 and this was 2 years ago.

After receiving letter tried to get on Paypal account to see, but its

consequently been barred, I have recieved no emails from Paypal saying about owing them money, I would have thought this would have been the first thing they would do!

As I'm at uni I have very little money as it is, and I really don't want my parents to find out, they are big worriers.

Hello and Welcome, beanem.

If your not sure what the debt is, send them the 'prove it' letter.........

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If there is a debt, (i'm fairly certain there isn't) Would it be easier just to pay it, or because of the fact I have recieved no information that I owed any money (I keep all emails unless they are obvious junk) mean that I don't have to pay?

Hi,

There's no way you should just pay it, if your not sure it's due.

You could either ignore them for now and see what they hit you with next.

It's up to them to prove you owe anything.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Why on earth would you pay £480 for something you dont owe !?

Have you tried phoning Paypal to enquire if the debt exists ?.

If it does and you havn't used the account there is either a mistake or (more likely) your account has been hacked into and used as part of a fraud, most likely to buy high cost electronic goods via Ebay.

It would be better to do this first and attack the problem at source before dealing with the DCA, but at the end of the day it's well known that no DCA's have ever taken court/legal action to recover a PP debt, no doubt due to the complexities of PP T & C's not actually standing up in court.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Beanem,

How was this solved? I received their letter also to pay an amount of 435euros, which I do not owe paypal :S I am a student aswell :)

I've received a letter from EOS too, its unlikely to be 'resolved' unless the amount is paid (something which I'm not going to do !).

My letter refers to Paypal Private Ltd, I've no idea who they are and how they are connected to Paypal.

There are 2 options:

1) Ignore them

2) Reply asking for specific details of the 'debt'.

Neither 1) or 2) will prob get you anywhere, no DCA has ever persueded a Paypal debt through a court so there is little to worry about.

Andy

If you choose to ignor paypal and EOS nothing will happen. I say this from experience. EOS have threatened all sorts but never has anything happened and they were first in contact over a year ago.

As for Paypal. Un-attach it from your bank account asap. Paypal is a gaping hole in your bank accounts security and should NEVER be attached to a bank account you use on a regular basis.

Paypal is NOT safe.

Edited by ashmk

If you choose to ignor paypal and EOS nothing will happen. I say this from experience. EOS have threatened all sorts but never has anything happened and they were first in contact over a year ago.

As for Paypal. Un-attach it from your bank account asap. Paypal is a gaping hole in your bank accounts security and should NEVER be attached to a bank account you use on a regular basis.

Paypal is NOT safe.

I second that, never leave bank accounts or cards permanently attached to your paypal accounts...it leaves Paypal and hackers free to pilfer your bank account. Although in this case as the account is quite old its unlikely they are still attached, if they are, PP would of grabbed the money long ago !

Andy

So what did you do? 1) or 2) and when did you get their letter, if I can ask? :) I received it 2 weeks ago and their "ultimatum" is about to end...

1).

.Ive got better things to do than argue with them. Untill they actually start court action I'll just ignore, I already asked the previous DCA to supply 'evidence' of the PP debt, something they clearly can't do, I fail to see how EOS will be any more sucessfull.

• 4 weeks later...

from what i can see you can either totally ignore this lot and wait to see what other companies paypal can come up with or ask for proof of this debt.

They won't be able to give you any so will have to send it back to paypal,who will try someone else.

Paypal have a habit of not listening to any queries or complaints especially from sellers, who are in the right.Make sure your account details are not connected to your paypal account, if you can't cause paypal have suspended your account speak to your bank.

The big thing is not to have any sleepless nights over paypal :D