style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bailiffs posted letters with my name and the wifes name at my old address

Stating- the county court has papers to serve on you-you are required to attend the court before 17th december-I am in possession of court documents that require your URGENT attention. Failure to attend could result in contemt of court and imprisoment.

I know it comes from a person in Spain who looked after a small piece of land I had. When I sold it 2 years ago they seemed to think I had to pay them some compensation, which I do not. They tried sending some letters to me asking for compensation, which I ignored because I don't owe them anything. I thought they were just trying it on. I haven't heard anything since. so it was a shock to see this yesterday.

Can they put a ccj on me?

What do I do now? ignore it? Go Get the papers or get a solicitor?

Any advice would be helpful. I am reluctant to pay out for a solicitor as it could be expensive.

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif County Court guidebook by Judge Patricia Pearl Follow this link to read the review of this excellent Small Claims Guidebook.

This comprehensive and very accessible guide will take you through the process of suing or defending a claim.

This guide will help you take control of your litigation and make you more confident about doing it yourself.

Applies to England and Wales

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

If you were not served the papers because they were sent to an old address then you can apply to have judgment set aside.

wd

Thanks for swift reply Wonkey donkey

I am not sure I know what you mean. Do I go and get the papers served to me at the county court then somehow apply (fill a form in?) to have judgement set aside (what does that mean?).

Bailiffs posted letters with my name and the wifes name at my old address

Stating- the county court has papers to serve on you-you are required to attend the court before 17th december-I am in possession of court documents that require your URGENT attention. Failure to attend could result in contemt of court and imprisoment.

I know it comes from a person in Spain who looked after a small piece of land I had. When I sold it 2 years ago they seemed to think I had to pay them some compensation, which I do not. They tried sending some letters to me asking for compensation, which I ignored because I don't owe them anything. I thought they were just trying it on. I haven't heard anything since. so it was a shock to see this yesterday.

Can they put a ccj on me?

What do I do now? ignore it? Go Get the papers or get a solicitor?

Any advice would be helpful. I am reluctant to pay out for a solicitor as it could be expensive.

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif County Court guidebook by Judge Patricia Pearl Follow this link to read the review of this excellent Small Claims Guidebook.

This comprehensive and very accessible guide will take you through the process of suing or defending a claim.

This guide will help you take control of your litigation and make you more confident about doing it yourself.

Applies to England and Wales

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

I think wonkeydonkey is a couple of steps ahead as if I read it right you haven't yet been to Court.

You say a Bailiff has been to your old address, are you sure it is Bailiff and not Process Server. In light of the info you have I think I would attend Court and because it is such short notice ask for an Adjournment until after Xmas/New Year as you have plainly not received any prior notification and you wish to contest the action. If you let it go ahead you will have Judgment by Default entered against you and have to go the Set Aside route advocated by wonkeydonkey.

The failure to attend remark at the end are just scare tactics by whoever has served the documents.

Once you know the contents of said action then you can decide which route to take.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]