balloon1435

Santander Cards

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Fellow Caggers,

Last month due to my own fault, my direct debit (dd) payment to Santander Cards was not not paid by my bank. After recieving the prompt letter from Santander I noticed that they were applying "a charge" to my next payment via my dd. I called them straight away and made the payment for the missed one. They told me that I would be charged £15 for mising the payment, I told them that I do not authorise them to take the charge and I also informed them that this was (in my opinion) an unlawful charge.

This month I ensured that I had sufficient funds in my account for the regular dd, but not including the charge. I have just recieved a letter from my bank informing me that the dd has failed and i have now been charged by them. Santander did try do take my regular payment plus the £15, hence it not being honoured by my bank.

Not sure if its worth mentioning but I never took the credit out with Santander, when I got my settee from DFS it was with another finance company whom i cannot remember just now. (I am not attempting to get out of paying this by the way)

What do I do?

Please help

Fellow Caggers,

Last month due to my own fault, my direct debit (dd) payment to Santander Cards was not not paid by my bank. After recieving the prompt letter from Santander I noticed that they were applying "a charge" to my next payment via my dd. I called them straight away and made the payment for the missed one. They told me that I would be charged £15 for mising the payment, I told them that I do not authorise them to take the charge and I also informed them that this was (in my opinion) an unlawful charge.

This month I ensured that I had sufficient funds in my account for the regular dd, but not including the charge. I have just recieved a letter from my bank informing me that the dd has failed and i have now been charged by them. Santander did try do take my regular payment plus the £15, hence it not being honoured by my bank.

Not sure if its worth mentioning but I never took the credit out with Santander, when I got my settee from DFS it was with another finance company whom i cannot remember just now. (I am not attempting to get out of paying this by the way)

What do I do?

Please help

Ive become sick of companies messing me about with DD's so Ive changed nearly all my bills to be paid using Standing Orders, its just as easy butnow they are totally in my control, I pay the amount I want when want, theres no way they can be increased to pay amounts I dont agree with (unlike DD's !).

Andy

andydd,

I totally agree, I am pig sick of the mentallity bank have when they assume they can take what they want, when they want.

Sadly we are living in a "Bank orientated" world and what they say, goes.

Obviously, I have contacted my bank who have advised me to seek to reimbursment of their charge from Santander. Its the wording and the legality of what they have done I need to get right.