Del1976

Sainsbury's credit care insurance - I never signed that part of the Card Agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3613 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have had a Sainsbury's credit card since March 2003. I wrote to them asking for a copy of all the information they held about me. I got this information this morning

In amongst the information is the Visa Card Agreement that I signed for the credit card. There is a section titled payment protection and basically I had to tick the box and sign next to it saying "I want you to arrange credit care insurance to protect my payments"

I have not ticked this box or signed the box. I did sign the credit agreement accepting the credit card and stating that all details were correct.

I can't even remember agreeing to this. I doubt I would have agreed to it over the phone. If I agreed to it on the phone then surely I should have signed a document. Nowhere in all the information they sent is a document saying that I agree to pay their insurance.

Does this mean I can claim my money back. From all the information they sent, they cannot prove I agreed to it.

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

If you had not requested this then you should reclaim this money

Hi Del. Sorry I did not spot this earlier. Welcome to CAG.

I am in the same situation as you with Sainsburys although I am a little further on then you are.

They told me I requested the PPI on the phone so I asked them to produce a copy of the call recording or a transcript of the call.

Even if they could produce one or the other, there is no way the script their call centre staff would have been given to use would have been sufficient to ensure the insurance was right for me. Therefore, I suggest the insurance was mis-sold in any event.

They will push you all the way to court on this if they follow the same pattern as in my case. So you need to be prepared for this eventuality.

Do you have any charges on the account to reclaim as well?

Can you scan and post a copy of the app form they sent to you to photobucket (for example) after you remove any personally identifying information.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.