medical negligance

tonydw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i got a call from ane of the no win no fee people i dont want to waste anyones time he suggested i put in claim with them i had 2 heart attacks last year i was asked if i would vollenteer on a new drug trial wich i did do as i quiterightly though i would be looked after a bit more than if i didnt do the trial anyway the drug i was taking was as the doctor thinks was anouther blood thiner that wood be 3 tablets aday any way as aresult i lost all my blood and was lucky to survive i was given 6 units of blood but before this i lost blood after my heart attack on was given suppositories wich was no good anyway i really dont want to pursit this for if its not negligace sorry for the spelling thank you

I'm struggling to understand what the negligence is, can you say what you think it is?

If it's for the medical trial it could only be negligence if you weren't monitored as you should have been, or if they knew medication you were already on could affect you, but not for something happening that neither you or they expected as that is the purpose of a medical trial, to see how people react to the drug.

If you could point out where the potential negligence is, we can advise you better.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

thank you for your reply. well wene i first started to loose blood i went to an out of hours doctor at the local hospital he gave me the the suposaterys and told me i would be fine i was probably due to the asprine i was taken and that it just looks like a lot of blood as it would get watered down in the loo i told the hospital trial nurse and my gp they put it on my recored . i do have colitice and have had bowl problems for years now so i thought these blood loses were normal as i was taking the blood thiners but i never new what the trial drug was. the nurse did not no eithers untill i got rushed into hospital and got a transfusion may be i think the trial drug should have been stoped the first time i lost blood so they could investagate i really dont no. thank you

If it's a no win, no fee company I would hazard a guess that they must think you have a case or they wouldn't suggest you put a claim in.

There are so many factors involved that it's really hard to give you an answer - did the out of hours doctor know you were on a clinical trial at the time, and if he did were you asked what the purpose of the trial was or what the intended effect of the medication was?

I'm really sorry for what you went through, it sounds horrific. :(

thank you for your reply yes it was a blind trial. i dont remember who the trial was for it was all so fast i took the heart atacks and before my surgery i was asked by my surgen to sign this paper of concent it was so sirell. as i said before. i would get better treatment if i took the trial i think they must have new i was having problems at the start they took loads of bloods every time i went to my trial nurse and they were sent to sweeden i think so they must have noticed i was loosing so much blood anyway now iam scared to go to the toilet because the day i lost my blood i passes out in the loo and my 12 year old son kicked the toiled door in and called 999 thinking i was dead

asfar as iam aware its was the trial drug the idea was to moniter me every few months by taking bloods and giving me ecg i was told the drug was for a private company ang was trialed on people who had heart attacks and it was volentry so i didnt have to take it the only thing was wene i started i was not allowaed to stop untill i was told to

It is very unusual for drugs being trialled at this stage to have any major unforseen issues or risks. Obviously, you go into this knowing that there could be some problems because it is still being trialled.

You need to know what you were taking, if the monitoring dropped below the standards expected for a trial and if I was in your shoes I would rather urgently want reassurance, as my number one priority, that there is not some other pathology causing these:

lost all my blood

down in the loo

passes out

Each of these could easily be an indication of a major problem which I would be pushing my GP to resolve.

If you have ulcerative colitis then oral NSAIDs of any kind could be a problem for you - perhaps that explains the suppository.

If ulcreative colitis is a contraindication for the trial (As you'll know it is for many drugs) then you may well have grounds for a claim.

Do you know the name of the drug? If not, Your GP should know.

• 3 weeks later...

i am a nurse and as far as I know no one goes on a trial without being fully aware of the risks and benifits. But I have had a lot of experience of colitis patients and the disease can cause massive bleeding, so I wonder how you could prove it was the drugs and not the colitis ? but I am interested in any experiences anyone has had of these no fee people.