BARFLY

Sar: Original Creditor Or Dca?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quick one.

The OC defaulted the account in early 2008. The account has since been "purchased" by a DCA. Who do I SAR? The DCA have told me they have purchased the alleged debt not will not put in writing the date that they purchased and the nature of the purchase - i.e. absolute assignment etc. I have requested this on several occasions. If I SAR the DCA will I recieve previous correspondence from the OC including DNs etc. I want a complete history. not just since the DCA purchased.

Thanks

Thanks angrycat. Would this establish whther the account has been purchased by the DCA?

In relation to this, the OC - HFC - sold the account to Aviemore Funding. They then, supposedly, sold to the DCA. I want to establish the DN, which was by HFC. And whether the account was purchased by the DCA. So a SAR to HFC and Aviemore?

No - only to the original creditor. And you probably won't get a DN - banks do them on templates and don't keep copies but you should get a history of transactions showing if a DN was sent.

In relation to this, the OC - HFC - sold the account to Aviemore Funding. They then, supposedly, sold to the DCA. I want to establish the DN, which was by HFC. And whether the account was purchased by the DCA. So a SAR to HFC and Aviemore?

Yes, I would SAR s them both.

Thanks. Confirmation of the date of the DN being sent will suffice. Will probably SAR both HFC and Aviemore. I've read through the Aviemore link. Never had that trouble with them as the account was already in dispute when HFC flogged it and once Aviemore realised they flogged it to the DCA. That's the only confirmation that I want from Aviemore. I suppose if I SRA the DCA I'll get the same result - that they purchased the account from Aviemore rather than just trying to collect on it.

Edited by BARFLY