jimbo45

2 Men Baillif's Entry rights when only a Single (Lone) Woman is present

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

i've also posted a similar note on the "Legal Issues" but it's probably more appropriate here so excuse if this is a "Cross or Double Post".

What is the sitaution where 2 or more Men Bailiff's turn up whether or not they have the right of entry and there is only a Single (Lone) woman in the House

If I were a Single woman I would not like to admit a strange man - let alone 2 of them into my home.

The Police (for their protection as well as that of the woman) always have a WPC present when dealing with women.

Is there any LAW on this in the case of Bailiff's and Lone Women

(Guidelines are NOT LAW - LAW is covered by REGULATIONS).

In Fedual Britain I suppose the Bailiff's would in those cases where they have the right of entry still have the right - but if I were a Lone woman I certainly wouldn't want them in whether they had the right of entry or not.

I saw that Young guy from LBW smirking all over his face on "The Bailiff"s on TV last night -- I'm fit and strong and I certainly wouldn't like to deal with him in the proverbial "Dark Alley".

I've looked over the Net and can't seem to find any info on this.

I'm sure Lone Women don't ALL have perfect payment track records - if you are a Lone woman what do you do if 2 men turn up.

BTW I've complained to the BBC and other channels about "The Bailiff's -- NEVER have I seen "The other side of the case expressed" -- Your right NOT to let them in, excessive illegal charges, thuggy tactics etc etc.

This is almost the 21st century version of "Grandma's knitting on the Steps of the Guillotine" or Tyburn Public Hangings

Seems we haven't progressed very far.

Cheers

jimbo

Providing the debtor is over 18, the Bailiffs have a right to enter peaceably.

Oh and if it's any consilation, the BBC show is laughable from my side of the fence also. Not a true representation of the industry at all. You're probably wasting your time compalining though as the show finished several years ago.

there is no way i would let 2 strange men into my house i was stupid enough to let the one in but if i ever saw 2 stood there i would not open the door