• Tweets

• Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

E-on Trouble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just split up with my ex partner who was in charge of the finances (our benefits was paid into his account so everything was paid by him). When we applied to E-on power to change overr to them in my ex's name we got letters back stating that is wasn't possible to do so.

After 9 months I have moved down from Manchester to Lancing, West Sussex and I hadn't given anyone my new address except my ex to send my belongings to.

I woke up one day to a 'Final Bill' Letter from E-on addressed to myself. I have sent them several emails (i have saved the replys) explainging that it was my ex's responsibility to pay them and asked how they got my details. E-on responded that they had gotten my details from my ex partner and when I explained to them the above they said that they can't do anything about it as they need proof that he is responsible for payment and untill then it will be illegal to change the name on teh account back to my ex's name.

Is this true?

What can I do to stop them harrassing me?

Thank you.

Lissa

• 2 months later...

I have been chased by BCW and I am refusing to talk to them as I keep getting calls when I have sent them a letter stating that all communication must be in writing.

This morning both me and my fiancee got a rude awaking this morning by them calling me up which I'm really not happy about it and they still insist that its my debt.

Any ideas anyone?

The first thing to do is to put the bill in dispute with EON. Do this using their complaints procedure in writing and recorded delivery. Once the bill is in dispute all collection activity by by EON and BC&W must cease. If it does not do so you must complain to OFT and Trading Standards. Ignore BC&W for the time being - they can do nothing. If they phone put the phone down - do not talk to them

In the complaint you must say that you need to check the account as you dispute the amount. You probably do not have previous bills so insist that they send them to you, If they refuse to do so post again here. Stop talking to them on the phone - make them write.

Then check everything - it is surprising how often these bill are wrong - do the arithmetic!!

Particularly look for

a) was the last reading an estimate? If so is it reasonable? If not dispute it.

b) did the bill you at least once yearly?. You may be able to get money back if they did not.

c) was there any time that you received estimated bills for longer than two years? A refund may be possible.

When we applied to E-on power to change overr to them in my ex's name we got letters back stating that is wasn't possible to do so.

EON were being economical with the truth. They do not like proper signed contracts because it is expensive for them and it ties their hands when it comes to collection of a debt. They can of course refuse a signed contract but it is possible and if they did not want to do it they should have referred you to the opposition- some hope!

So you will have been on a 'deemed' contract. This comes into force with the company supplying the property as soon as new occupiers move in and use the supply. All adult occupants are responsible for the whole bill while they are living in the property. They can put any name on the bill that they like even 'the occupier' and can force any one of the occupiers to pay the whole bill. The fact that your ex was billed in his name is immaterial. I think deemed contracts are an abomination?

However deemed contracts means that they can force your ex to pay the whole bill too! They may have already tried but he wont pay or they cant find him in which case you are the easiest target. Insist that they bill him - tell them his address if you know it. He might pay.

• 4 weeks later...

i have done that and also wrote bcw a letter wanting them to explain a few things to me ( how my ex could of changed it to my name without legal docs when i need legal docs to change it back to his name and for a copy of the contract that i signed) which 2 weeks later they sent me the bills again. IDIOTS lol but they have stopped contacting me

Eon will be working with a deemed contract which does not need to be signed. A deemed contract holds the occupiers who were your ex and yourself 'joint and severally' reponsible for the bills. This means that both your ex and you can be chased for the whole bill.

Your ex has not changed the responsibility of paying to bill to you without docs - you had the reponsibility as soon as you occupied the property with him. You had exactly the same contract with EON as he had.

You appear to have another fiance living with you now. Eon has a deemed contract with him so he is as liable as you to pay EON's bill.

In your situation there is no point in agitating for a signed contract.

If you have done what I advised and disputed the bill with EON you should now complain to the OFT and Trading Standards that BCW are harrassing you over an account that is in dispute.

We could advise you better if we knew the ddetails of the occupancy of your last property.

Did you and your ex move into the property together?

If not who first occupied the property?

• 2 months later...

If the account was originally in your ex's name only, then E.on behaved unlawfully by changing the account name into yours without your express consent.

This would only apply if the contract were a signed paper contract. Then it wpuld be unlawful to attempt to change the contract to someone else. Proper signed contracts a very uusual these days simply because deemed contracts are so advantageous to the utilities.

Deemed contracts are with all adult occupiers of a property and each occupier has a responsibility to pay any bills.(joint and several). Usually one occupier agrees to pay the bills and correspond with the utility and for administrative reasons the utility puts his 'name on the account'. This does not make him the sole contract holder. The utility still have a contract with the other occupiers and they are at liberty to change the 'name on the account' to any one of them. So there is nothing unlawful in what Eon have done if as is very likely the supply is under a deemed contract..

Your story is not actually that clear.

Did you live in the property with your ex ?

Did he pay the bills out of his bank account ? By cheque ; online banking ; direct debit ? Or did you share payment ? Or did he always pay and this bill is what he considers your due seeing as the relationship is now over and you paid nothing before ? I'm not being horrid, but when relationships end people act strangely !

You need to start talking to your Ex !! Find out what he has done

How much is Eon chasing you for ?

You can not put your head in the sand on this one.

You need to start writing clever letters back to Eon, pro-longing the dispute til you sort a way out the mess....