Rachlouie

Me v's Natwest Financial Hardship

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in the process of claiming back my husband's bank charges under the Financial Hardship route with Natwest. The story so far is that I have completed the Income & Expenditure form and returned this to Glasgow in November. We had a letter back returning our original documents which were not the originals but colour photocopies saying that they are reviewing his claim. This was about 1 1/2" weeks and now we hear nothing. Is there a further letter that I need to send or should he be phoning them chasing this up? We sent along with the form all documents proving that we are financial hardup. Because of the result in the Supreme Court can they get away with not paying?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Abbey - Sent Data Protection Act Letter 14/06/06

Received letter 26/06/06 microfiche argument

Sent microfiche argument letter 27/06/06 recorded delivery

Received bank statements for 15 months 30/06/06

Received printout of charges for April / March 2005 06/07/06

Sent LBA 07/06/06 (Template 1)

Re-sent LBA to two different addresses 18/07/06

Received another fob off microfiche story 20/07/06

:o Sent LBA in answer to microfiche again 26/07/06

Received another two fob off microfiche letters 26/07/06

Sent LBA Template 2 26/07/06 wait seven days

Went to court with N1 forms 10/08/06 Claimed served on 12 August abbey have until 29/8/06

:DReceived microfiche statements back to 2000 !!!

:-oSending letter before action with schedule of charges today 28/09/08.

Claim acknowledged Abbey have until 24/10.

Received 50% offer 25/10 along with defence

I am in the process of claiming back my husband's bank charges under the Financial Hardship route with Natwest. The story so far is that I have completed the Income & Expenditure form and returned this to Glasgow in November. We had a letter back returning our original documents which were not the originals but colour photocopies saying that they are reviewing his claim. This was about 1 1/2" weeks and now we hear nothing. Is there a further letter that I need to send or should he be phoning them chasing this up? We sent along with the form all documents proving that we are financial hardup. Because of the result in the Supreme Court can they get away with not paying?

Any help would be really appreciated.

On financial hardship, the bank didn't have to pay out under the FSA waiver, and even today, under BCOBS they do not have to pay out but they can do for the period of time in which you have suffered financial hardship to alleviate it. They should be able to make a decision but a delay in response does not necessarily mean that they haven't made a response.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Here we are on the 09/01/10 still heard nothing, wonder if my husband should ring or if I should compose a letter enclosing more evidence of financial hardship

Abbey - Sent Data Protection Act Letter 14/06/06

Received letter 26/06/06 microfiche argument

Sent microfiche argument letter 27/06/06 recorded delivery

Received bank statements for 15 months 30/06/06

Received printout of charges for April / March 2005 06/07/06

Sent LBA 07/06/06 (Template 1)

Re-sent LBA to two different addresses 18/07/06

Received another fob off microfiche story 20/07/06

:o Sent LBA in answer to microfiche again 26/07/06

Received another two fob off microfiche letters 26/07/06

Sent LBA Template 2 26/07/06 wait seven days

Went to court with N1 forms 10/08/06 Claimed served on 12 August abbey have until 29/8/06

:DReceived microfiche statements back to 2000 !!!

:-oSending letter before action with schedule of charges today 28/09/08.

Claim acknowledged Abbey have until 24/10.

Received 50% offer 25/10 along with defence