behappy

LLP for scrapped car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last year had a car taken to an ATF site signed the v5c handed log book over wasnt given a certificate of de registered, now getting letters & text messages of Philips bailiffs for llp £80. Phoned EMR ltd to ask for certificate they saying the car was scrapped on 22nd Aug 2009 a year after it was taken in ive also asked for a copy of the v5c part which i still havent got :-x and still getting letters to sorn the car as Emr have not informed dvla and i cant prove to dvla that the car has bn scrapped, any help or advice please.

Did you hand the whole log book over? If so why? You are supposed to send the yellow portion to DVLA, thus releasing you from any further responsibity. The problem you face is not that you disposed of the vehicle. It is that you failed to notify DVLA. Normally this is because people sent the V5c but DVLA didn't receive it, but in this case I think it is because you didn't send it at all. If so, there is no getting out of this one.

because i had already signed the yellow part they just kept the whole lot and said they would send it off just took their word (stupid im now thinking) guess it doesnt pay to be honest