Welcome Finance 7 year old hp debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and my partner got a car with welcome finance in march 2004 over 4 years,

a £5000 car ended up being £9600:-o anyway we needed car at the time for my new job so bit the bullet,

We payed fine for 3 years then i lost my job:rolleyes: and didn't have ppi

so they have been after me for just over £2000 for a while but i haven't been able to afford it. I still have the car but its of the road and to be honest is worth a few hundred now, Welcome must have passed the debt on to Lewis group as the have been a few times and left a letter, Today being a final notice to pay or it will be sent back to head office:confused:

Welcome finance have made no attempt to reposese the car so how does this work, i have paid over £7000 in total.

I thought they would just turn up and take the car away so why are they using a debt collector:confused:

Thanks in advance mitsy

Edited by mitsy
more info

its a request for the Consumer credit agreement, the document you will have signed when you first took the loan for the car out.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

hth

• Haha 1

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

Welcome are on the verge of extinction so probably cant afford a court case!!!!

No seriously they need a court order as previously stated and the lewis group is owned by Cattles just as Welcome is so passing work from one co to the other send them the letter not to call at your home and to deal with everything in writing only.

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

• 10 months later...

Hi little advice needed.:!:

Got a car in 2003 through welcome finance £5.5 k car with £4.5k interest :jaw: was paying fine until i lost my job in 2006, Most of the £10k paid off only around £2.5k left to pay.

At first they set up a payment plan and i couldn't afford to keep up payments and defaulted numerous times. The car has been parked on my drive for 3 years no MOT/Tax and is in pretty poor shape and is basically worth scrap money.

I have not heard nothing from welcome for over 3 years so i decided to HPI the car so i could scrap it but came back with money owed on it.

Basically i haven't been asked to repay the money for over 3 years and want to keep it that way:-(

But want to get rid of the car off the drive.

any advice?

thanks mitsy

Edited by mitsy

• 1 month later...

sar welcome

i bet you have heeps of unlawful fees to reclaim and a heep of mis-sold ppi/insurances.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

At my friends house they have the same thing, been dumped and not collected for more than 5 months now. Every time they call they just say it is in the system and you will get called about it in 48 hours. I reckon they know most of their cars are scrap value after a couple of years so it costs them more to collect them!!

threads merged

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mitsy that's awkward as you don't own the car outright. You could try writing to welcome explaining that the car has not been used for three years and is only worth scrap value. You will scrap it if they accept the scrap payment as full and final settlement - get everything in writing before you do anything though.

If your friend is in the same situation as you, tell him to try the same thing. At the moment Welcome may be glad to clear their books of a few cases as they've got real problems!