owner?

diasal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

me and my ex partner purchased a van together both paying half each,he filled in the form has the regestered keeper and i am the insured person to drive it and the direct debit for insurance comes out of my account.

we have split up and he now wants to take the van for himself even though he has his own car because he is the reg keeper leaving me without any transport at all,is he within his rights to do this?

2 problems here. 1 is that you were probably never insured to drive it because all insurance companies in the UK specifically ask if you are the owner AND registered keeper. You were not the RK and so you would probably have had your insurance cancelled if you had a collision.

As for the van. Well the registered keeper is NOT the owner. It is just the person who is registered to keep the vehicle. If they are keeping the vehicle then ask them for your half. If they refuse take them to court. As long as you have proof you paid for half.

• Haha 1