bgqs

Personal Injury Claim against Local Authority

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My 2 year old son tripped over a raised paved area yesterday whilst at the local community council. The condition of the paving is in a bad state and I am going there today with a ruler and pen to take some pictures.

My son sustained a head injury which required a visit to A+E for x-rays and stitches. The wound is approx. 3 inches long and is quite deep.

He is obviously extremely traumatised about the whole ordeal and I am sure that he will never forget the accident. There will be a permanent scar left on the wound has healed.

After today, I will have the following information to substantiate my claim:

• Photographs of the location where the incident occurred.
  • Photographs of the Injuries sustained
  • Hospital Incident Logs (can be obtained if required by a court)

My questions are as follows:

• Is this a claim worth pursuing the council for ?
  • Should I open direct dialogue with them first or go to a Solicitor ?
  • As my Child is only 2 years old, what compensation could be claimed as obviously there would be no loss of earnings on his or our part ?
  • What is general compensation value (General Damages) for an injury of this nature ?

I have never prepared a personal injury claim before and am well aware that this area is a minefield regarding legalities etc.

I want to make sure that I start the procedure correctly without prejudicing my claim later down the line.

Thanks

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

I would suggest seeking legal advice before approaching the council. Try to get a recommendation for a solicitor experienced in personal injury claims rather than pick someone out of the phone book. If you can't get a recommendation, go for a smaller local firm.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I think that will be my first port of call.

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !