Should I go to Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

A few weeks ago I was dismissed from my job. I was accused of harrasment and bullying.

Briefly this is what happened.

A woman that worked for me had been in a relationship with my son for about 4 years, they split up. As far as I was concerned nothing changed between us, she was very good at her job and I was not aware of any change of attitude from either of us.

I became aware of 'something going on' as other members of my staff were dissapearing for 30-40 minutes at a time, when asked they said they had been speaking to HR. One morning things were so bad with me knowing something was going on but not actually knowing what, that i broke down in work, left my desk and went outside, I was in pieces (I should add that I have suffered with depression and stress and at the time I was taking prozac), I called my husband to come and get me, I couldnt continue working that day. He called my line manager to inform him of my state, he refused to talk to him and put him through to HR. Very shortly after this a colleague came out to me to see if I was ok. A member of HR appeared and said that I needed to come back into work, I refused and said that I couldnt, they stressed that I should go back in, as the HR manager was on here way in and wanted to talk to me. The HR manager turned up, and said I had to go back into work as a complaint had been made against me, I said I would only go back in if my hubby could accompany me.

There was a meeting where the complaint was relayed to me. Apparently I was supposed to have made a comment about this female employee who had been in a relationship with my son. The complaint was supported by 2 other members of staff had given written statements, it was alleged that I had said the following :1. "that I could have seen more of xxxxx that I would have wanted to", and 2. "that I had seen a video of my son and xxxxx performing a sexual act." I admitted the first comment, but I never said the second.

It went to disciplinary, and I was dismissed on the spot for Harrasment and Bullying, I took it through the grievance procedure with the assistance of a solicitor but the decission was upheld. The solicitor suggested I take them to Tribunal, but when they told me what it would cost I was mortified.

What should I do, I feel as if I was unfairly dismissed, and that xxxxx only did this with the support of her friends (the 2 that gave the statements), in order to get me out and take my job, which I now find she had the majority of.

Any advice would be much appreciated