middenmess

Is This Termination Or Not?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Following on from iffy non-compliant D/N from Mercers,I today received my monthly [December] statement from BC. It includes...

Your Account is seriously in arrears.

Please be aware that your card has been withdrawn.You must pay XXX immediately followed by a further xx to reach us by y January,2010.

Important message.

Your card has now been cancelled and should be destroyed...etc..etc...Please continue to pay the amounts requested on your statements.

Mercers are now dealing with your account...etc...etc.

------

The current credit limit is now shown as £0 which would mean that even if I decided to pay off the arrears the account would still be charged an overlimit fee every month!

So is cancelling the card but continuing to advance credit in the shape of the monthly PPI payment a bit of a contradiction?

It would appear that Barclays intend to keep this account live and therefore increasing by £100 plus per month [next month £120]

I understand that the non-compliant D/N is of no benefit to me as a 'weapon' until the account is specifically and definitely terminated which I presume it will have to be at some point in the future before the total reaches a zillion pounds!!

Barclays are still refusing to answer my correspondence-it's now more than 5 weeks since they signed for my last dispute/complaint/request letter.

So can any of the above be deemed as Termination or any suggestions as how to proceed please or is the answer that they know the problem the D/N gives them and are going to attempt repayment by aggressive tactics from Mercers and those that follow?

Hi M,

If you wanted to push the point then surely a letter back from you accepting their termination would draw a reaction - or hopefully acceptance.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi M,

If you wanted to push the point then surely a letter back from you accepting their termination would draw a reaction - or hopefully acceptance.

M

But is it an irrefutable termination as they talk about...

Please continue to pay the amounts requested on your statements.

but then its

Mercers are now dealing with your account...etc...etc.

Followed by

Next months interest will be...

Scratching my head on this one!!

Hi,

I would say that by removing the facility does not terminate the account, They are just stopping you using it. Until you get a statement saying that the account is terminated then it is best to assume it is still "live"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Devious barstewards aren't they!

You have been here a while. What did you expect:D

They will always try and confuse rather than state the truth

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You have been here a while. What did you expect:D

They will always try and confuse rather than state the truth

One always lives in hope but leopard and spots and old dog and tricks comes to mind--but this is the season of good will to all men!

A case for unjust enrichment might be made I suppose as the £0 credit limit will make their charge of £12 per month for an over-limit fee hard to justify!