Red DCS & Bryan Carter/Lowell/Fredrickson

Kyokudo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a couple of things on the go at the moment.

First one being RED DCS asking for over £1k on a debt for a card that was paid off in full over 7 years ago. So I braved a phone call to them to let them know of this fact. The gent on the phone said he would look into this and see if he could find a copy agreement (No CCA request needed there then). I think personally whomever sold this debt to them was flogging a dead horse. Anyway, not worried about that one at all. My Credit file is clean of that anyway.

But this is where I'm a little flustered.

Having completely ignoring Lowell & Fredrickson for some time now for a debt on a Capital One card for almost 6 years (6 years exactly occurs on the 16th) as I know there is no way they can prove the debt and all threats of court action have been empty and hollow.

But about 2 weeks ago I got a letter from Bryan Carter regarding the same debt with the lowell ref. Then I get a Fredrickson letter, same thing. Then lastly, yesterday I get a letter date the 7th giving me 7 days (by the 14th) to pay the full amount or they'll commence court action. Now this has been threatened before, but the wording was always might, may and could. Not will.

I can type the full letter if need be, but I have had no time to fire off a CCA to Mr. Carter and co because of work.

Do I continue to ignore knowing it's statue barred by the 16th or get a CCA off on Saturday with the hope it'll reach them first thing monday before they can even print court letters?

I'm a bit worried about this one, as this is the last adverse debt my credit file has and I really would like it to remain unblemished from now on.

Many thanks in advance :)

its for THEM to prove its not statute barred not YOU to prove it isits not!

ignore them totally you've just got on a phishing list of near the end debts.

oh and stay off that phone, you DON'T have to prove it statute barred.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That sad sorry man is beginning to really wind me up:-x

You MUST make a formal complaint to the Law Society about this extremely sad sorry little individual, he is on my list of people to be culled and driven out of business in 2010, so every complaint will see his pathetic demise.

LCS: Legal Complaints Service home

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That sad sorry man is beginning to really wind me up:-x

You MUST make a formal complaint to the Law Society about this extremely sad sorry little individual, he is on my list of people to be culled and driven out of business in 2010, so every complaint will see his pathetic demise.

LCS: Legal Complaints Service home

I think I love you!

you'll break facebook

by your page getting too many hits

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, I've fired off a CCA to Carter today, hope it'll be with him by Monday morning. As for RED, got another letter from them today, offering 50% off the debt I allegedly owe.

Nice offer, but why would I pay 50% extra on something that's already paid off?

I'm not going to stress over these vultures anyway.

On a side note, the letter from BC does say that payment can be made by debit card, and in some instances credit card.

Is that latter part allowed to be said? I thought that was against their remit to suggest further lending to pay off a debt?

When it comes to seeing DCAs off, Carter is a pussycat (albeit a really scraggy one with mange, fleas and worms). He tends to back down when challenged with any coherent legal argument.

Red and Lowell are one and the same. But it's odd that one DCA (Lowell) is effectively using another (Fredricksons/Carter) to chase its own debt... very, very odd! Freds tend to deal with 'asset' buyers without their own legal bods, such as Phoenix.

Any views on this development, anyone?