funky-lemon

Starting new job when does JSA stop?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been claiming JSA since July 2009, I have today been offered a job which I have accepted so I need to tell the job centre, but my job does not start until January 4th 2010.

My question is will my JSA be paid up until 4th Jan as I will not be working until then??

thanks in advance

Hi

I have been claiming JSA since July 2009, I have today been offered a job which I have accepted so I need to tell the job centre, but my job does not start until January 4th 2010.

My question is will my JSA be paid up until 4th Jan as I will not be working until then??

thanks in advance

Yep. Is that the day you actually start employment ?

There is also a 'run-on' of some benefits, mortgage interest and housing benefit i think that may be of help to you.

Andy

thanks andy, yeah I start 4th Jan so even when I tell job centre I will still get JSA until 4th Jan?

thanks andy, yeah I start 4th Jan so even when I tell job centre I will still get JSA until 4th Jan?

I assume so, just ask on your next signing on day, ask about the 'run on' of benefits too, although this may only apply to claimants whove reached the 6 month stage.

Andy

Yes (well, actually it will be until the 3rd Jan), provided you remain fit for, available for, and actively seeking work for the time until that date. In practice what this means is that they should change your jobseekers agreement (that you signed when you first claimed) to reflect your new circumstances. You'll also need to continue to comply with any other conditions of the benefit that are imposed by the jobcentre or the law.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.