baddebts

AMEX,RMA,Newman,AIC Debt Collectors

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3552 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone !

Just need a bit of advice and also would like to share my experiences with the above "people".

I have an Amex credit card(£6100) struggled to pay about 6 months ago. I made partial payments of £100 (min payment £150) for three months.I went to pay them on the fourth time and found I couldn't. So I phoned them and they said it was too late and the account had been passed to DCA etc. Then I got a card in the post from RMA(confirming they wil be calling etc. The name on the card was G. Fearn, a made up name if there was ever was one!!) . That's when I did a bit of research and found this website. Needless to say, I didnt phone them but just ignored them.

You see, no banks and dca's have any of my work, mobile or home numbers! HA! HA! HA! So after about a month, I get a letter from Newman DCA.

They were more threatening etc. that THEY would send THIER bailiffs. HA! HA! HEE! HEE! LOL!

We all know here, that bailiffs are appointed and work for the court and not some scummy jokers in a call centre!! So I sent a CCA request this time, and after 12+2 days had long since gone, I was going to send the default letter but they beat me to it!! They passed my account onto the next lot of chancers called AIC.My question is: Should I pursue Newman for the 12+2+30 days and complain to FOS, Everybody etc or should I do a new CCA to AIC, and fob them off as well? Incidentally, the first bunch of jokers, (RMA) put a £1000 collection charge on top! Whereas Newman and AIC have not, but appear to be adding AMEX's interest ( about £100 per month) on top

Sorry for long winded first post but what do you all think ?

Edited by baddebts

OK, there is no 12+2+30 days anymore for the CCA requests, it is simply 14 days, or 12+2 for delivery/post.

There is absolutely NO requirement for you to continue sending the new owners of your 'alleged' debt a CCA request, once you have issued it once than that is satisfactory in the eyes of a Court, if the seller can't be bothered to inform the new owner of the state of the account then that is their look out!

Simply send the new owners the 'Bemused' letter as the account is in default whne the OC failed to send you your legally requested agreement.

This for the new owners of the lemon:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

And make a formal complaint to the OFT for ignoring their Debt Collection Guidelines whilst the account is in dispute:The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for that Bazooka,

I will get on with it straight away. I see from reading people's posts on here that many people have ended up in trouble through losing their job, seperation etc. It also seems many people are misinformed and not aware of their rights.

So if any of you out there are getting hasselled by greedy Debt Collectors, take the advice from good people like bazooka here and use the template letters.Don't give them an inch.

If AMEX took the account back and said they were willing to come to an arrangement so I can pay less until I am back on my feet , I would start paying them tomorrow but they didn't want to know. So they can whistle for their money. Incidentally, I know this probably belongs on moneysavingexpert but to make people on here feel better about their situation I will list the following debts that I have:

Amex credit card, now £6600

Capital One Card £1850

Tesco Card £2900

Barclaycard £2200

Halifax card £12000

Mortgage £122000

Firstplus secured loan £35000

Directline loan £1000 (3 months to pay)

My partners debts £40000 on loans and cards !!

I know I was stupid with money but I am up to date with just about all my payments (total £3500 per month) which is my maximum take home salary.

I will pay it all back and will eventually have light at the end of the tunnel.

So all you peeps out there if you look at my situation, you can see anything is possible, good luck.

P.S dont be afraid to ask a question if you feel like it.

Amex credit card, now £6600 Send them a CCA request.

Capital One Card £1850 Send them a CCA request

Tesco Card £2900 Send them a CCA request

Barclaycard £2200 Send them a CCA request

Halifax card £12000 Send them a CCA request

Mortgage £122000

Firstplus secured loan £35000 Send them a CCA request

Directline loan £1000 (3 months to pay) Send them a CCA request

My partners debts £40000 on loans and cards !! Send them a CCA request

I know I was stupid with money " Please, compared to the banks and the Members of Parliament, you have absoloutely nothing to worry about, don't forget, it was us who have bailed these people out!

Take control, your the one who is in control of your finances not them, if you 'can't pay' their wages then, ask on here for help and assistance.

This is not a site engaged in debt avoidance, merely a site that will give you the knowledge and upper hand to the unlawful tactics employed by these sad sorry uneducated excuses for Human beings. Here you will find proper 'legal' advice to ensure you are not intimidated, bullied, threatened, and spoken down to.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

I have had same as you, Amex passed on my account to RMA in August, unfortunately I paid them till I sent CCA request on Jan 4th. They replied saying they wanted 12 days to get me CCA, then I got a letter from westminsters solicitors requesting immediate payment, then nothing more till Feb 8th when I got a phone call from AIC saying they wanted immediate payment.. where do i go from here, really confused now.. I phoned Amex they claimed they are entitled to pass to whoever they want and account is not in dispute as they never sold it on, they suggested I asked family or friends for money to pay my account off!!!!

It would be helpful if you could start your own thread on this.

BUT! In the neantime, if they ring you in the future tell them "Everything in writing" and put the phone down.

Whatever ou talk about on the phone, unless it is recorded by you? will be ignored/deleted/removed.

Never Ever speak to these morons over the phone, EVER!