• Tweets

• I am trying to follow your advice in post 21 which suggests the kennels T&Cs are over ruled by the CRA As I understood it , even if the kennel felt they good reason to refuse the dog boarding, which would be a difficult point to argue , as I am unable to get the vet to confirm they said the dog “should “ be ok ,the most the kennel  would be entitled to would be reasonable admin expenses due to refusing to accept the dog . Then I read in you last post , which  to me seems a contradiction . Paragraph 3 suggests a Judge would favour the kennel and its stance ,then paragraph 4 says to deny a refund in unenforceable . Surely if to deny me a refund is unenforceable at common law , then a Judge would have to rule in my favour . So if I continue I need to be sure I am citing the correct sections of the CRA
    • To clear this up !This new ccj claim from cabot/Mortimer is  for  a bank i have no account with.And is obviously trying to make out my older debt is not statute barred.They think i will respond and start the six years all over again for a totally diferent debt. I have no debt with the bank they are claiming against me with. Do people not understand this?
    • The site has a drop down for different postal services, implying the exclusions are based on the service you use, yet when you select different services the exclusions appear to remain the same, and certainly in the case of Parcelforce do not tally with the cover included by Parcelforce.   My P2G account still shows the declaration I made.
    • Finally go  a little time to myself, so knocked the defence from your given examples. How does it look?   1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ********************    2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.   3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.   4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60 - The claimant claims the sum of £953.13   #####Defence######   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.   2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have sent an alleged copy dated 28th Jan 2018 from my cpr31.14 request. this is the first time I have seen this letter.   3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)   4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.   5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.   6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and; c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim   7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed   8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   If you think it's okay, I'll get it put in today.    Thank you for all your help on this. 
  • Our picks

DoMz82

Grrrrrr

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3642 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all, I had an experience with the DVLA today which has enraged me so much that i felt the need to post it publicly.

I'm a member of the Armed Forces who has just returned from a stint overseas (Germany) where my car was registered as part of the British forces network. Upon my return to the UK i went straight to the dvla who would not process my application to register my car here as i did not have my certificate of UK insurance (although i had a policy number.) They sent me away with a few forms and told me to return once my insurance document arrives. So, after a complete nightmare with my insurance documents which in the end they had to re-send as next day delivery (got them at 3pm today) I set off for dvla Northampton. The drive from my barracks to Northampton is normally a good hour long drive, but as the roads were so bad today with the fog i was frustratingly sat on a jam packed A14 watching the minutes waste away. I couldn't contact the office directly as there is only a customer enquiries number for the dvla as a whole i am led to believe?

So, i phoned a northampton based friend and asked him to save the day for me and plead with them to maybe hold on 10-15 minutes for me. I arrived at 17:01 (lol) and was instantly met by my buddy with that sort of look on his face that told me they were having none of it. So i went inside and pleaded my case and was rather rudely told to leave. To top it all off i found they are not open on a Saturday. How the motoring body of the UK can justify not opening their offices on a Saturday is beyond me.

I know this post has no resolution and i will just have to wait till Monday but my car has no UK tax and i have a demanding uk based job which means i travel alot. It was more the manner they handled my plea and the way i was abruptly spoken to in the office.

I'm sorry but i haven't spent time fighting for this country with a Union Jack on my sleeve to come back and have some snobby little nobody look down his nose at me.

Rant over, Thanks for reading.

Mark

I think you've spent too much time abroad Mark and forgotten all about this jobsworth culture we actually live in!! Expecting a favour from a civil servant on a Friday afternoon is just asking for trouble! ;)

Make sure you do get it sorted out on Monday though.

Best of luck! :p

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

As they have just had their pay and pension cut, can you not see why he would not give them even one minute of his time.

Probably more angry with his employer than you.

then they should go on strike, perhaps that is the decent thing I would do if I had a dispute over wages with my employer, rather then disrespect and dick around our service men & women that are fighting for your country and civil liberty's, and the rest of the GP for that mater, then carry on like normal as if its for the greater good of the public..

yeah right. DVLA and their minions need to get over them self.

$£%$^$"^U Trolls

Edited by brain_fallen_out

DoMz82

It just occurred to me as well they did the exact same thing to me when they needed to register my car to me after it was PAYED for, it set me back 2 and half months at the time waiting for original docs, simply cause of DVLAs bone faced uncooperative attitude like a little retalin brat of a company that has to have it all there own selfish little way no mater how much the consumer has to suffer - and another 2 months of freebies for DVLA off my back.