Grrrrrr

DoMz82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I had an experience with the DVLA today which has enraged me so much that i felt the need to post it publicly.

I'm a member of the Armed Forces who has just returned from a stint overseas (Germany) where my car was registered as part of the British forces network. Upon my return to the UK i went straight to the dvla who would not process my application to register my car here as i did not have my certificate of UK insurance (although i had a policy number.) They sent me away with a few forms and told me to return once my insurance document arrives. So, after a complete nightmare with my insurance documents which in the end they had to re-send as next day delivery (got them at 3pm today) I set off for dvla Northampton. The drive from my barracks to Northampton is normally a good hour long drive, but as the roads were so bad today with the fog i was frustratingly sat on a jam packed A14 watching the minutes waste away. I couldn't contact the office directly as there is only a customer enquiries number for the dvla as a whole i am led to believe?

So, i phoned a northampton based friend and asked him to save the day for me and plead with them to maybe hold on 10-15 minutes for me. I arrived at 17:01 (lol) and was instantly met by my buddy with that sort of look on his face that told me they were having none of it. So i went inside and pleaded my case and was rather rudely told to leave. To top it all off i found they are not open on a Saturday. How the motoring body of the UK can justify not opening their offices on a Saturday is beyond me.

I know this post has no resolution and i will just have to wait till Monday but my car has no UK tax and i have a demanding uk based job which means i travel alot. It was more the manner they handled my plea and the way i was abruptly spoken to in the office.

I'm sorry but i haven't spent time fighting for this country with a Union Jack on my sleeve to come back and have some snobby little nobody look down his nose at me.

Rant over, Thanks for reading.

Mark

I think you've spent too much time abroad Mark and forgotten all about this jobsworth culture we actually live in!! Expecting a favour from a civil servant on a Friday afternoon is just asking for trouble! ;)

Make sure you do get it sorted out on Monday though.

Best of luck! :p

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

then they should go on strike, perhaps that is the decent thing I would do if I had a dispute over wages with my employer, rather then disrespect and dick around our service men & women that are fighting for your country and civil liberty's, and the rest of the GP for that mater, then carry on like normal as if its for the greater good of the public..

yeah right. DVLA and their minions need to get over them self.

$£%$^$"^U Trolls

Edited by brain_fallen_out

DoMz82

It just occurred to me as well they did the exact same thing to me when they needed to register my car to me after it was PAYED for, it set me back 2 and half months at the time waiting for original docs, simply cause of DVLAs bone faced uncooperative attitude like a little retalin brat of a company that has to have it all there own selfish little way no mater how much the consumer has to suffer - and another 2 months of freebies for DVLA off my back.