• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Forum,

We have had a Baliff visit and they kindly left letters regarding unpaid council tax totalling £1287.92 PLUS COSTS.

Can anyone tell me what 'PLUS COSTS' mean????

There is no way i'm paying the Baliffs any costs!!!!

My wife has arranged to see the Baliff on Wednesday so he can come round and do 'Some Paperwork regarding the payment arrangement we are going to put in place.

He firstly demanded £180 straight away but we have managed to get this down to £120 and then £80 a month hopefully!!!

He has said he isnt going to take anything, he just wants to get an arrangement in place!!!!

Can anyone offer some advice please!!!

Regards

Ripper

Hello Forum,

We have had a Baliff visit and they kindly left letters regarding unpaid council tax totalling £1287.92 PLUS COSTS.

Can anyone tell me what 'PLUS COSTS' mean????

There is no way i'm paying the Baliffs any costs!!!!

My wife has arranged to see the Baliff on Wednesday so he can come round and do 'Some Paperwork regarding the payment arrangement we are going to put in place.

He firstly demanded £180 straight away but we have managed to get this down to £120 and then £80 a month hopefully!!!

He has said he isnt going to take anything, he just wants to get an arrangement in place!!!!

Can anyone offer some advice please!!!

Regards

Ripper

First advise is DO NOT LET HIM INTO YOUR HOME, PERIOD !

DO NOT sign anything, until you have read it and FULLY understood what it is for !

DO NOT sign a walking possession order.... !

Someone that knows more will be along soon :)

STOP THE VISIT FOR PAPERWORK once he is invited into your home you are on a downward slope to nowhere,

Lock all doors and windows

Remove any car a very safe distance from your home

If you have shed remove anything of value out of it

Take everything laying outside in your garden in doors (garden furniture)

Do not under any circumstances allow him/her into your home and send your proposed payment plan to them in writing using recorded delivery and send a copy to the council.

Do not speak with the Bailiff unless through the letterbox or an upstairs window.

Video his/her visits to your home.

Record any telephone contact from them.

Alarm bells are ringing here Ripper!! :eek: :eek:

By all means meet the Bailiff but do it somewhere neutral and NOT inside your premises. Also make sure that all windows and doors are securely locked to your house.

There is a statutory schedule of rates/charges for Bailiffs but hopefully someone else will advise on this aspect.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

nearly forgot PLUS COSTS this is the trap that caught the mouse and it will catch you as well, Bailiffs even the nice ones ( if they are real people) will convince you that their charges are legal and if you read other posts on this fantastic sight you will soon come to realise there are two types of costs/fees. Those that are invented by the bailiff company and those that are fact.

Hang in there expert help will find you and put you fully in the picture.

Ok so my plan is to ring the Council on Monday and make the £120 payment to them and then tell them i'll be paying £80 a month from then on.

I'm also planning to call the Baiff office and tell them that we wont be meeting with the Baliff and i am dealing straight with the council.

Am i corect to do that???

Also, am i right in saying that the Baliffs cannot make a forced entry into my home???

Ripper

Ok so my plan is to ring the Council on Monday and make the £120 payment to them and then tell them i'll be paying £80 a month from then on.

I'm also planning to call the Baiff office and tell them that we wont be meeting with the Baliff and i am dealing straight with the council.

Am i corect to do that???

Also, am i right in saying that the Baliffs cannot make a forced entry into my home???

Ripper

Ripper WHOA WHOA WHOA

Just a moment here, there are legal and viable charges associated with the bailiff's visit,

Did the council go to the courts and get a L O ?

You cant just pay the councill £120.00 and then £80.00 per month, as you have had the chance to do that already ( re L O )

Do not let the B come and see you, whatever ****e he tells you.

In the first instance write a letter to the council and send a copy to the courts, but you will have to get it to them both asap, ask for their ( council) opinion, tell them you burried your head etc and your sorry etc,

If they wont agree to what you are offering, then they dont have to help, but that is a whole new ball game which I can help and advise if and when it happens, get your letter in asap, and keep me updated.

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Mr Worried,

Yes Council have been to court and got a L.O. We have been in Rent Arrears and cleared them last month. So now in position to pay the Council Tax.

So we send a letter to the Council & Courts outlining what we propose to do. E.G £120 straight away & £80 a month!!!??!!!

Would it not be better to call the Council or maybe go to the council face to face??? We also have email contact???

Wednesday is the Baliff visit, What should i say to them???

Regards

Ripper

Edited by ripper

Ripper, you've had some good advice here already.

You write to the council because you want a paper trail. Councils often say 'sorry, it's with the bailiff now, no can do'. Pay them online or via an automated system. Regardless of the councils initial reaction [which may well be favourable] you've already started the process of cutting out the bailiff.

There is no requirement to say anything to the bailiff. Any further communication should be in writing. As has been said, under no circumstances let him set one little wiggly toe inside your property. Ignore any protestations, wild threats and fanciful figures expected in payment.

There are a lot of template letters on this site and, if you have a mooch through the threads you'll soon get a feel for what you need to do.

Good luck.

Rae

As we havn't got much time we are going to produce a letter but we are gonna visit the council on Monday. Present the letter and our offer etc and ask there opinion. Hopefully they will call off the Baliffs and we can go from there.

Anyones Views would be appreciated!!!!

Ripper

As we havn't got much time we are going to produce a letter but we are gonna visit the council on Monday. Present the letter and our offer etc and ask there opinion. Hopefully they will call off the Baliffs and we can go from there.

Anyones Views would be appreciated!!!!

Ripper

The answer you will get will be "we can't do anything as it has been passed to the Bailiff, you will have to deal with him instead" or words to that effect.

There is no Law anywhere that says you have to deal with the Bailiff. Best advice totally ignore him. Kelcou has given advice above well worth following.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UPDATE

======

I went to the council offices yesterday and they took £100 payment from me and said they will ring the Baliffs to update them. They have told the Baliffs not to visit on Wednesday and that an agreement of £80 a month has been reached. This £80 has to be paid to the Baliffs by Card Payment over the phone. If we miss a payment then they visit us again.

Cheers for everyones help

Ripper

UPDATE

======

I went to the council offices yesterday and they took £100 payment from me and said they will ring the Baliffs to update them. They have told the Baliffs not to visit on Wednesday and that an agreement of £80 a month has been reached. This £80 has to be paid to the Baliffs by Card Payment over the phone. If we miss a payment then they visit us again.

Cheers for everyones help

Ripper

A couple of things to remember:

What happens if the phone line is down?

If you are even 1 day late they will chase you.

Think other posters have also said that because of the banking system it can take XX days for your payment to reach the Bailiff so you may have to pay it up to a week earlier to ensure payment is then received on time.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the phoneline is down then we are just unlucky. We will have to make sure that we pay a few days earlier. My payment date is 31st and my wife gets paid on the 26th so it gives us a few days to ring and pay by card.

They wont accept direct debit only a card payment over the phone.

Im not prepared for a Baliff to be knocking at my door every five minutes so this arrangement suites us. And to be honest if we are late paying or we do miss payment then i only have myself to blame!!!!