FightToTheEnd

MBNA Agreement!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well after nearly 6 months I have finally got an agreement out of MBNA via a SAR. It's attached and I would be very grateful to receive any comments.

On first view it seems enforcable, though it does seem a little re-created and could apply to anyway - maybe this is now the case with online applications.

Another point comes up when looking through their log when on a date a couple of weeks ago I have the note "risk based settlement offer % = 30%"

Is this an amount they would accept from me or the amount they expect top sell the debt for?

Another point is that on the log they make note of sending various letters and even my CCA and these have never arrived!

Anyway, agreement as follows and would appreciate thoughts on how to go forward:

mbna1.jpg?t=1260553153

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Is that date exactly when you applied for it? (05/01/97)

Right, had a look through the SAR stuff and can report as follows:

It seems like I applied on 05/01/07 and the agreement was digitally signed (ie ticked) by both me and MBNA on this day and also marked as executed on this day (by an MBNA director no less!). However.........

The credit approval didn't happen until 11/01/07 and the account is shown as opened on 11/01/07. My balance transfer was done on 16/01/07 and this was the day the welcome pack and card etc was posted out to me.

Any thoughts anyone?

Well, my thoughts are that it looks like its an enforceable agreement as all the terms seem to be there. Please wait for a second/others opinions before writing this off tho, as I am still learning the ropes myself.

Sorry but appears to be enforceable.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.