laptopsdirect.co.uk / buyitdirect.co.uk

Del1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I bought a extended warranty from this company for my acer laptop which cost 89.99 pounds including delivery. When I received the activation code I went on Acer's website to activate the warranty but I could not activate it because the warranty can only be bought within 90 days of purchasing my laptop. I bought my laptop well over 90 days so I could not use this warranty so I contacted laptopsdirect customer services asking for a refund and I was told even though I broke the seal to reveal the activation codes as long as the warranty was not activated I would get a refund. I returned the warranty to them and a few days later I received a email from them stating that they were returning the warranty so I phoned them up again. They said they would not be refunding my money as the envelope that the warranty activation code was in was opened.

In the Acer warranty booklet it states this warranty has to be bought within 90 days of buying my laptop. This was not stated by laptopsdirect in their terms and conditions or in the warranty policy that I viewed before purchasing this warranty.

I have contacted Trading Standards and the Financial ombudsman and they are both looking into this matter for me.

Laptopsdirect.co.uk also trade under the name buyitdirect.co.uk. If anyone has any advice or have had a similar experience with this company please let me know.

Hi, I bought a extended warranty from this company for my acer laptop which cost 89.99 pounds including delivery. When I received the activation code I went on Acer's website to activate the warranty but I could not activate it because the warranty can only be bought within 90 days of purchasing my laptop. I bought my laptop well over 90 days so I could not use this warranty so I contacted laptopsdirect customer services asking for a refund and I was told even though I broke the seal to reveal the activation codes as long as the warranty was not activated I would get a refund. I returned the warranty to them and a few days later I received a email from them stating that they were returning the warranty so I phoned them up again. They said they would not be refunding my money as the envelope that the warranty activation code was in was opened.

In the Acer warranty booklet it states this warranty has to be bought within 90 days of buying my laptop. This was not stated by laptopsdirect in their terms and conditions or in the warranty policy that I viewed before purchasing this warranty.

I have contacted Trading Standards and the Financial ombudsman and they are both looking into this matter for me.

Laptopsdirect.co.uk also trade under the name buyitdirect.co.uk. If anyone has any advice or have had a similar experience with this company please let me know.

What date did you buy ?

a) The laptop

b) The warranty

Andy

As an extended warranty it is basically an insurance and has a cooling off period of 45 days. This should be stated when buying the extended warranty within the terms and conditions. As you purchased from laptopsdirect.com they are generally responsible for providing the refund. It doesn't matter whether you return the activation code in an opened condition or not, as long as you have not claimed on the extended warranty your right for a refund remains.

More information can be seen here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/extended-warranties/

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 1 year later...

Customer services are below any known standard in a civilized world.

I bought a blue-ray player from their counter in Huddersfield paying 15 quid more than Amazon priced it. After having watched a couple of films I noticed an item was making a high frequency noise I couldn't stand.

I took a player back to them asking to test it.

They did and found no fault! To collect it back off them I had to pay 35 pounds for so called 'engineer's time'.

As advised by Trading Standards I paid this stupid charge under protest and I'll be claiming it back.

Trading Standards say the seller has absolutely no right to charge me for such an inspection (player is only 2 weeks old).

I'm to send them a letter. If they do not refund the charge, there will be a legal action against BuyItDirect from Trading Standards as they have received many complaints so far.

My advice is think twice before you buy from BuyItDirect.