4Star

Selling of debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

1) if i have a debt with a credit card company can they sell it without telling me ?

2) if so how ?

3) if a debt collection company 'claim' that they have bought it and the original credit will not answer me when i ask what should i do ?

4) can they sell it if the account is 'in dispute' as they have not provided me with a CCA ?

5) if they can't sell it (as in 2) ) and they do, what can / should i do ?

Thanks

They shouldn't sell it or pass it on without issuing you with a Notice of Assignment but a little thing like conforming to the law doesn't stop them. You can tell the agency that you will have no correspondence with them until you receive a Notice of Assignment served in accordance with the Law of Property Act 1925 S136 from the original creditor.