Been Excessively Overcharged By Sherforce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had to pay £1,214 in fees to Sherforce... This was without them even showing me the charges beforehand and by them showing up on my front door demanding payment for an outstanding HMRC Solicitors fee of £1,500 with an additional £1,700 in charges as it was two different cases.

I paid the debt and £1,214 of the fee. I then clicked that something wasn't right as they stated that I needed to pay a levy fee that wasn't included in the first fee of £175.. I spoke to the operator and stated that I will be seeking legal advice as to that charge as no entry was made into my house and no itinerary was made of any of my goods.

I went on to several sites and found out that I had been defrauded, sent Sherforce a letter demanding that they reimburse the charges and I have also sent a letter of complaint to the High Court Enforcement Agency. I am still awaiting a reply from Sherforce.

Any other advice on how I can proceed further in this matter would be much appreciated.

I recently had to pay £1,214 in fees to Sherforce... This was without them even showing me the charges beforehand and by them showing up on my front door demanding payment for an outstanding HMRC Solicitors fee of £1,500 with an additional £1,700 in charges as it was two different cases.

I paid the debt and £1,214 of the fee. I then clicked that something wasn't right as they stated that I needed to pay a levy fee that wasn't included in the first fee of £175.. I spoke to the operator and stated that I will be seeking legal advice as to that charge as no entry was made into my house and no itinerary was made of any of my goods.

I went on to several sites and found out that I had been defrauded, sent Sherforce a letter demanding that they reimburse the charges and I have also sent a letter of complaint to the High Court Enforcement Agency. I am still awaiting a reply from Sherforce.

Any other advice on how I can proceed further in this matter would be much appreciated.

Were you aware initially of the debt from HMRC and did they first gain a CCJ against you or was it one of infamous here's the piece of paper at Court where you are automatically found guilty?

What if anything were you given at the time you paid?

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of a response from the HCOEA as they only get involved when you have exhausted the Company's procedures. Plus they are self regulating, plus the person at the top of their tree is also CEO of Sherforce.

When you wrote to Sherforce did you address it as a complaint to them or just a general moan. You also need to ask them for a statement of your account including a screenshot. This report lists everything that happened from the time they received the Writ until the day a reply is posted to you, it should include details of phone calls etc. A lot of the time the Fees are set in advance of any visit - I suspect yours is as reference is made to a Levy, they list all manner of different charges a lot of which have been subject to recent Court hearings some of which have been upheld, some partially upheld and others who have triumphed and had all charges waived.

The good thing is that you have paid so now have the time to go over everything with a tooth comb. Trick is to question everything.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL!! @ "plus the person at the top of their tree is also CEO of Sherforce"

So the HCOEA is a bit of a farce then..??

Yeh thanks for the info Ploddertom... I will get onto Sherforce and demand that they fwd a statement of my account... Previously I sent them a letter via email..

Will write them again today... Will keep you posted.

peace....

This sounds suspiciously akin to what took place with me, I never got to see any paper work until AFTER I paid up then I was given copies of the writ, their charges etc. Letters to Chris Badger received either no reply or a basic acknowledgemet at best. I sent a subject access request and it was from the support team notes provided in their response I was able to identify that among the charges they had applied were a number of large charges for work they claimed to have carried out but in reality hadn't. Among these were claims they had carried out a levy (and charged for accordingly) van charges to remove goods (no levy... so no need for a van but nontheless a van was charged for) locksmith to attend (door was unlocked and being used by customers to make entry and exit} then having been positioned to pay them in full, they had applied cancellation charges for the van and locksmith.These are but a few of the fraudulent charges and I can list verbatum other serious discrepencies.

I did eventually get every penny refunded but the stress and strain of having to fight for it is still very firmly the reason for recurring nightmares.

Having had to return to court recently, I now discover my creditor claims they had not received one penny of the money paid to Sherforce or that they have any knowledge of the action taken by them which on the whole appears to have been done to get protection for the HCEO assigned to the writ and the officer enforcing it( they were totally out of order) Needless to say this has now raised the level into another ball game and I think I have mentally accepted I will not be rid of the nightmares in the near future for it is said "the wheels of justice grinds slowly on"

If you need any support to challenge what would appear to be excessive clharges (possibly fraudulent) then I am willing to step forward, all you need to do is ask (send PM as Sherforce monitor/infiltrate this site) and I will be there in an instance.

wd

Edited by wonkeydonkey
edit

Sorry forget to answer your first question....

I knew about one reference as I had been paying it off, but the second one I knew nothing about, apart from them turning up and showing me the paper work and demanding the payment... They lumped together the outstanding from the first one and added it to the new one.

LOL!! @ "plus the person at the top of their tree is also CEO of Sherforce"

So the HCOEA is a bit of a farce then..??

Yeh thanks for the info Ploddertom... I will get onto Sherforce and demand that they fwd a statement of my account... Previously I sent them a letter via email..

Will write them again today... Will keep you posted.

peace....

You could still email backed up with a hard copy in the post, adress Complaints to Mr C Badger, his email address is [email protected]

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi WD, sorry to hear about the stress that it caused you and trust me it's caused me some too...

Will definitely keep you informed and thank you so much for the offer of help will PM you soon... peace..

Ps... How long did it take you to get your money??

Hi WD, sorry to hear about the stress that it caused you and trust me it's caused me some too...

Will definitely keep you informed and thank you so much for the offer of help will PM you soon... peace..

Ps... How long did it take you to get your money??

Approx 5 months from Sherforce but still awaiting personal costs awarded on the day payable by the Claimant and legal costs applied for (with permission to do so from the court) Since the claimant has claimed they had no knowledge of the action taken by Sherforce I have been given to understand they are in the process of having the order set aside. If they are successful I will then consider further action against the HCEO and the enforcement officer concerned who attended on the day.

PT has made good with questions and advice, stay in touch with PT and I think you will find that advice can be extended.

WD

Sorry forget to answer your first question....

I knew about one reference as I had been paying it off, but the second one I knew nothing about, apart from them turning up and showing me the paper work and demanding the payment... They lumped together the outstanding from the first one and added it to the new one.[/quote]

and in doing so..... how have they calculated interest and have fees been apportioned? Had you kept up agreed repayments on the first of the actions?

wd

Yeh I kept up payments for about 6 months and missed about two. When they turned up I presumed that this alone was what they were asking for, but then they said I have another outstanding for which I had never been informed. I will have to check their paperwork but as far as I recall the charges were in relation to both cases... This happened early October this year.

Yeh I kept up payments for about 6 months and missed about two. When they turned up I presumed that this alone was what they were asking for, but then they said I have another outstanding for which I had never been informed. I will have to check their paperwork but as far as I recall the charges were in relation to both cases... This happened early October this year.

Was the originald debt relating to a petition by HMRC that had been adjourned or settled?

Have you been provided with a breakdown of charges by Sherforce. If so, can you post the charge on here.

PS: The head of Sherforce (Ms Claire Sandbrook) is NO LONGER in charge at The High Court Enforcement Officers Association. A new person was elected in June this year. His name is Mr Vernon Philips.

Yes It was settled in full and I then incurred the costs of £750.

Sherforce have never sent me any breakdown of their charges even their "letter of distraint"?? which they handed on the day was very vague and apart from stating the HMRC cost and their fee no breakdown of the fee was documented.

I can tell you what their charge was for each case..

PS: The head of Sherforce (Ms Claire Sandbrook) is NO LONGER in charge at The High Court Enforcement Officers Association. A new person was elected in June this year. His name is Mr Vernon Philips.

Had not realised this, thanks for the correction

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes It was settled in full and I then incurred the costs of £750.

Sherforce have never sent me any breakdown of their charges even their "letter of distraint"?? which they handed on the day was very vague and apart from stating the HMRC cost and their fee no breakdown of the fee was documented.

I can tell you what their charge was for each case..

How many adjounrnments?

Do you have a breakdown of Sherforce fees?

You are getting plenty of sound advice onepenny but I must say that I personally found spending £10 to send a subject access request was the best investment I made this year!!!!! as the support team notes are crucial in determining charges applied on the day.

wd

Edited by wonkeydonkey
edit

You are getting plenty of sound advice onepenny but I must say that I personally found spending £10 to send a subject access request was the best investment I made this year!!!!! as the support team notes are crucial in determining charges applied on the day.

wd

Trust me WD I am more than appreciative for the info and it will all be put to good use...