Cabot - I really need help now!

Boss-man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

threatening them with fraud does not work , i recieved a reply card as my cca when i explained there was no prescribed terms they copied a section of terms and stapled them to reply card to try and make it look attached , i threatened legal action for fraud 3 months ago and still this week am getting threatening letters

yes boss-man i did think about it but after reading other posta on here i see the police do not really want to help , i just thought i would now wait until they take me to court and use it as part of my defence , lets see what a judge makes of it

Hi Spidey,

Thats if it gets that far, and from reading other posts even if it does they probably wont show if you file a defence.

What gets me is why they keep pursuing it when they know its not enforceable and so do does the person they are chasing! If someones gone to the trouble to find out their rights and the details of consumer law on agreements etc then its obvious they know their rights and obvious they are going to defend it until the bitter end, even in court. They must be wasting so much money on these cases!

My letter has gone off to them so lets see what happens next.

Cheers

Bossman

Hi Boss-man. Did you ever get a default notice from the Halifax? I ask because I got one and it was defective.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Well Im in the same boat as the rest of you, its going to be like the Titanic soon!!

App Form, illegible, T & C's from some time who knows, DN defective etc etc. Quoted relevant case law for all, but what do I know? Charlie Mitch*ll (m/f?) tells me T & C's can be in any no of different docs, or so The Sec of State has determined! WTF!!! Where do they get these peeps from?

He/she, tells me they "have a duty to the credit industry to record my defaulting activity", not having any signature giving my permission for data handling doesnt seem to worry him/her. Nor does the fact that the alleged debt was purchased by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, but the reporting is done by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd because they are the servicing company. Still no permission for another co to handle my data, oh along with their Underwriters who also have access to my data to make financial decisions on!

I have decided to send said Master/Miss Mitch*ll a xmas card and a Maoam for his journey from school to Cabot Towers ; )

I am scared, but also looking forward to going to court, eek!

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

If you tried to make a film about it all, no-one would believe you. I am still awaiting some info requested 1yr ago on an account they bought from Halifax, the account is still on hold though. Havent told them its an App form and the Halifax DN was totally defective;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Latest update guys.

I have a received a letter telling me they will be calling on me on a certain date between 8am and 9pm!

Do you think they will come or is it just a threat to get me to contact them? I cant risk anyone turning up over Christmas due to family being here.

Having said that, should they decide to pay me a visit they will be promptly removed from my property by any means required :)

Cheers

Bossman

Are you sure it says calling on you or is it more obscure than that and just a threat to call you? The one ones I've had in the past say Call.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Latest update guys.

I have a received a letter telling me they will be calling on me on a certain date between 8am and 9pm!

Do you think they will come or is it just a threat to get me to contact them? I cant risk anyone turning up over Christmas due to family being here.

Having said that, should they decide to pay me a visit they will be promptly removed from my property by any means required :)

Cheers

Bossman

It's very unlikely that they will call- it's just another nasty scare tactic. In the unlikely event that they do turn up tell them to go away. If they refuse or they cause hassle, just call the police.

I really wouldn't worry about these jokers they are pathetic and laughable.

just send them this.

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely,

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Latest update guys.

Do you think they will come or is it just a threat to get me to contact them?

I maybe wrong here but I don't think anyone has ever seen a doorstep collector from these idiots, they've threatened me several times but nobody ever turned up......:( but just in case send the letter.

regardless of them coming or not (which I doubt).

They have no legal powers.

None. Absolutely None

you could tell them to sling there hook and they can do nothing about it

Why would they bother calling at all?

They have an unenforceable debt with no CCJ and no hope of getting one.

...and...and ....they know it hence the scary letter to bully you into calling them.

Don't call them and stop worrying, with 300 odd posts I think this qualifies me

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

With the state of some of the doorsteps round where i live, they can come and collect them :)

Hi Guys,

Yes, the wording is we will call on xxx between 8am and 9pm. If this is not convenient then please call us.

Think its just to make you think they may come round. When will they get it into their head I'm not in the slightest bit frightened by them!

Cheers,

Bossman

POSSIBLE Letter when a questionable agreement/application is sent.

The prescribed terms must be in the same section of the agreement as the signature box. If there is nothing obvious that links them then it is not an agreement. You are home and dry on the statements - they tried to pass off someone else's statements as yours then sent you something completely different - that would never stand up in court. Cabot are now desperate and are not above concocting documents to argue their case. Threaten them with court action for fraud and they will run a mile.

hi

I am in the same position they sen tme a dubious document they alleged is an agreement ( al least they are now bound fo r what the said) and by being cross-examined it is unenforceable an d with wrong details

Any comment swould be appreciated th e thread is

help - DCA reckon found CCA BUT it is dubious

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Yes, the wording is we will call on xxx between 8am and 9pm. If this is not convenient then please call us.

Think its just to make you think they may come round. When will they get it into their head I'm not in the slightest bit frightened by them!

Cheers,

Bossman

i think it refers to a telephone call, you know. we will call on xxx between 8 and 9...then please call us..of course this is what they want you to do, typical crapbot, i did ring them and the nice lady told me she would wipe off all the charges. (their own illegal ones i hasten to add) 800 quids worth, providing i paid the balance, another 800 quid on the phone their and then..and what card would i like to use?

i have a xmas card if that is any use?:D

I dont think you are taking this seriously sir?:confused:

no, your right i aint, where is my enforceable cca? oh and while i have you on the phone, what the hell has barclaycard got to do with providian?

err nothing sir?:confused:

then why send me a barclaycard headed notepaper, undated, saying that this is the notice of assignment??:eek:

OOPS, we will ring you back sir

you bloody wont you dont have my number and you aint getting it

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just and update, I need advice again on this now please.

When Cabot provided me with the first set of docs I wrote back saying they were incorrect. They in turn replied with some more documents saying that these were enforceable and legitimate etc (copies of letter and documents have been attaced on previous post).

I then wrote back again a second time saying they are not enforceable, and I have received another reply today stating that I am mis-informed and have no grounds to dispute, the docuementation is enforceable and If dont make arrangements to pay they will escalate to the next collection level :)

Where do I go from here, the documentation provided is attached to this thread if anyone needs to look at it, but so far everyone who has says its not enforceable.

Do I write back again saying its not, or I just write back saying I am not satisfied with their respones and am now taking further action on this, i.e. trading standards or FOS?

It seems its just tit for tat at the moment, eveytime as say its not enforceable they come back and say it is. Thing is they can keep coming back as much as they want I have no intention on backing down on this :p

Any advice would be appreciated.

I’m in exactly the same boat as you currently, letter tennis, I’ve decided to just ignore them from now on. My debt has risen from 9k to 16k and they have my signature on an application form. They also say I’ve admitted the debt is mine because I’ve made payment on the account.

I’m just going to sit tight and see what happens, with the debt being so high, mainly with charges, I’m sure they’ll try and take me to court, but time will tell.

Hang in there, and if you feel like taking the path I am, we’ll both be in the same boat.