Nasa

Help needed with PCN now at £105 from £35

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I went to Liverpool FC match at Anfield v A Villa on 24th Aug. After i had parked up I asked a couple of Polic Constables if i was ok to park there. They stated that it was in residential area but they were not issuing tickets as they knew a footie match was on.

If anyone has been to anfield they will know that there is massive shortage to park cars anywhere. There are car parks, but unless you get there early enough you have no chance.

So I left the vehicle there, having travelled 200miles for the match.

When i got back to the car at 10pm, there was a PCN issued at 20:21, it was for 35 pounds to pay within 14 days or it would rise to 70pounds with a chance to appeal.

I rang to pay on the 07th September at about 18:00pm (ie a few hrs just within 14 days). The fella on the phone stated the system wouldnt let me pay 35 pounds but would only let me pay 70pounds. He advised that i wait for the 70 pound charge and appeal.

I didnt appeal at the 70 pound stage.

I have received another letter now requesting i pay 105 pounds. But have been told i have no grounds to appeal?

Does anyone have any advice?

Summary:

ticket issued: 24th Aug 09 at 20:21

Tried to pay: 07th Sep 09 18:00pm just a few hrs under 14 days.

However:

Their small print and system start the 14 days at midnight on the day of the ticket issue. NOT at the time of the issue of Ticket. So in their eyes i rang to pay on the 15th DAY not within 14 days.

70 pound charge issue. No Appeal made.

now 105 pound charge received. They still wont accept 35 pound. the original amount.

What can i do?

I don't suppose that the PCN you got was issued by the Police but by the LA CEOs over whom the Police have no control.

Whatever the circumstances of the original PCN they are now largely irrelevant and you are where you are because you did not appeal.

You can phone the council and aske them to exercise their discretion to cancel the charge certificate and set things back to the NTO stage. You need to give them a good reason why you did not appeal the original NTO.

If that is not possible, best advice is to pay the £105 before bailiffs get involved (which will push things up to and probably over £400).

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

The last piece of correspondence you had (Charge Certificate?) will stipulate the timescale you have before things progress further.

You have that long to try and pursuade the Council to cut you a deal. It's outside of the appeals system, but can work. A letter or phonecall or both saying you tried to pay £35 and are keen to settle it now, and that you tried to pay before and you're sorry you let it slip over the timscale. They might agree to accept £70 or possibly even £35 if they are in a good mood.

However if they don't agree, and your deadline is, say December 30th, pay it on 29th - no last minute hitches!

By the way, you were given duff advice. He should have advised you to pay the £35, and appeal the remainder when the Notice arrived. You'd have been home and dry on the basis that the charge was already paid in full when they issued the Notice.

By the way, you were given duff advice. He should have advised you to pay the £35, and appeal the remainder when the Notice arrived. You'd have been home and dry on the basis that the charge was already paid in full when they issued the Notice.

Paying the discount amount between 14 and 28 day period does not mean the charge is paid in full as you have missed the discount period the person on the phone was under no obligation to accept half payment.

Paying the discount amount between 14 and 28 day period does not mean the charge is paid in full as you have missed the discount period the person on the phone was under no obligation to accept half payment.

You're right of course, but the OP says that he was in time for the discount, but the guy on the phone somehow couldn't accept the discount because of the IT system. If this is true, the phone operative would have acknowledged this as an error on the system. The matter could then have been resolved if and when an NTO was issued, in the way I described.

You're right of course, but the OP says that he was in time for the discount, but the guy on the phone somehow couldn't accept the discount because of the IT system. If this is true, the phone operative would have acknowledged this as an error on the system. The matter could then have been resolved if and when an NTO was issued, in the way I described.

PCN issued 24th Aug which is day 1, deadline was 14 days from day of issue which is 6th Sept OP tried to pay on 7th which is day 15.