jimbo45

Yorkshire Water - Solicitors costs dropped

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

When working I travel a bit so was away when Yorkshire water went to get a CCJ for the trivially small amount of around 80 GBP - as I don't care about credit ratings etc I'm not too bothered about Experian, Equifax or any other of these Tittle Tattle companies - I NEVER EVER want to see a Credit card again - but that's another issue.

Amazing they bother with CCJ's for these TINY amounts -- and of course unlike Electricity and Gas - short of digging your own bore-hole you can't change your Water Supplier.

However the Water Company wanted to charge me in addition to Court Fees - THEIR SOLICITORS COSTS as well making the total debt MORE THAN DOUBLE the original -- over 50 Quid for Solicitors fees for a 2 Min application ONLINE to Northampton Bulk Court.

People will pay debts etc if we stop getting charged EXTORTIONATE FEES which seems to happen whether its a DCA, a Bailiff or whatever.

Anyway I found a piece of helpful legislation

Its the same when a creditor seeks legal advice from a solicitor – the client is liable for fees unless a court orders a debtor to pay them.

I can't quote chapter and verse but I only paid the Water Co the bill plus court costs as per judgement.

Solicitors fees were waived.

Partial Victory but Thanks CAG.

Cheers

jimbo