BUDIT

Sky card.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just wondered if any one could explain this one, i have a sky credit card taken out in 2005, have been making payments, two month ago i sent off a claim for PPI with a company on no win no fee, at the begining of november i recieved a letter from barclaycard wanting the full amount or it would go to mercers, a week later mercers are on the phone, arranged payments with them but now its a completly different card number ? the operator on the phone passed over the 16 digit number to me to make payments, i am a little confused why its a different number and why sky have passed it to barclaycard shortly after submitting a claim for PPI.

Any thoughts are most well come.

so am i sure it the same a/c?

i certainly wouldn't pay anything to any phone monkey esp mercers!

cca them.

plus if it is the same a/c, then its in dispute, so no collection activities should be taking place nor should it be passed around..

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi BUDIT. I received a letter from skycard a few months ago saying that it will no longer be called Skycard and that Barclays are now taking over Skycard. They told me my new "Barclaycard" number and was advised to tell my bank to use this as a reference for when my direct debit is paid. I have a debt management plan with sky/Barclays but was told by them that they do not allow full and final settlements.... they just have a collections dept!!!!

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Benboy is quite correct here. All existing SkyCards are now reissued as Barclaycards.

However, do bear in mind, all Skycards were actually issued by Barclays Bank Plc trading as 'Skycard' - so no change there.

Just a different correspondence address!

H

Hi Budit,

If the a/c is in dispute re PPI, you should confirm this to Mercers and tell them they must desist from demanding payments in accordance with the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

However, I'd have thought the Claims Company you are using should be taking care of this.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Benboy is quite correct here. All existing SkyCards are now reissued as Barclaycards.

However, do bear in mind, all Skycards were actually issued by Barclays Bank Plc trading as 'Skycard' - so no change there.

Just a different correspondence address!

H

Yes that's right.... I forgot to add that Skycard was issued by Barclaycard anyway.

If there is anyone else a bit confused about Sky/Barclaycard and direct debit payments..... well I learnt that by forgetting to tell my bank as soon as possible about the change of Barclaycard account number was not such an ordeal. Any payment that went the old Skycard account number was actually refunded back into my bank account (amazingly:p).... I just had to make up for a few missed payments to Barclaycard. I suppose they have had many customers in the same position. They must have forgotten to inform you of the changes. However, I have no idea why they couldn't just keep our old account numbers, it would have been much simpler! :rolleyes:

Good luck Budit with your PPI claim! ;)