a2012

SARS answer received, no signed agreement, best way to request removal of neg data?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks,

I am working on repairing my credit. Companies who reported negative entries to credit file arent very co operative and so I have to do alot myself.

I got back SARS data from a bank and mobile provider, no signed agreement, seems they lost it.

What would be the best way to execute removal or default and few arrears?

Do I raise online dispute? Will positive repayment history be removed too? What`s the best way to do it?

P.S No Default notice original or even copy in SARS paperwork.

Regards,

Alex.

Edited by a2012

Hi,

Getting defaults removed is notoriously difficult but you could start by sending the creditor this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980

If they refuse (as is likely) it's pointless going to the Information Commissioner as they will say that as the debt exists, they can mark your file accordingly and there was a recent court case where a judge said it's also ok to mark the file.

The only way I have seen so far is to take them to court and get them to prove they have your written permission to use your data. This permission is your agreement.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Update.

I have called 3g centre in India. SO far folks I spoke with are full of bs :)

I spoke with my contact in Equifax and they said if no written agreement exist there is a good change they will remove data following dispute query.

I plan to sue for damages arising from presence of wrongful data on my credit file. Send a copy of writs to 3g UK headquarters with an offer to settle that means changing whatever negative history is present into positive and then I will drop the claim.

There reason i am doing it I want to keep accrued positive history rather that having it deleted.

What you think folks?

Alex.