Help with MBNA CCA, please. - ***WRITTEN OFF***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id send it to see how they respond...

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Did a N1 for my sars off MBNA they sent the paper work day after I filed N1. Wrote to let the court know and asked if I`d be entitled to any wasted costs as I`d still done a lot of work on the case

The court have sent papers informing me case going to trial and enclosed a defence sent to court by MBNA I`m to fill in a allocation questionaire

MBNA`s Defence is they saying because my hubbie didn`t send a signature they couldn`t comply with my sars request then they said because I didn`t send hubbie`s ID (passport/driving licence) they still couldn`t comply. But Hubbie has not got such ID. Hubbie brain damaged and I couldn`t get him to sign anything

In the end I sent a signature to MBNA nothing like my hubbie`s they said they varified the signature and then was able to send the sars but that`s not true the signature I gave couldn`t have been varified as it was mine!!!

Can`t understand why court as sent me a date for trial I have received the sars so I would have thought that would have been the end of the matter, apart from me requesting if I could have any wasted costs for MBNA not complying till I went to all the trouble of filing the N1

Please can anyone advise what I can do as been sent a AQ to fill in

Edited by Laura Cooke

Filling in an AQ as a claimant!!! Not done one of those yet. But will watch with interest as I think I've got a couple coming up (inc MBNA lol)

You want some of the 'longer in the tooth' chaps that remember the days when it was all about bank charges and putting in claims.

Hope you're well LC, if no one comes up with the goods i'll happily help you hunt for it.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hope someone comes along as don`t know if Courts take their defence as being acceptable when we don`t at beginning provide signature but eventually do but not the real one!!! (Yet they state they varified it!!!) and not provided passport or driving licence how can you if you not got them? but what is the Courts attitude on this/ I say if they have been happy to send CCA and statements for years they know who you are and still in presently in touch with customer. Hope someone comes along to guide me through this procedure where are you DD lol:D

Edited by Laura Cooke

I say if they have been happy to send CCA and statements for years they know who you are and still in presently in touch with customer.

Unsure of the 'posh' wording, but that's the point - you are quite correct :) of course.

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

if you are referring to a SAR i would be careful with this argument.

the fact is that in many large organisations the data controller is divorced from the general running of the credit operation, indeed in many companies it is a contracted out service and often not even the same company or in the same building

The data controller is entitled to ensure the identity of who he is dealing with and therefore i am sure that a court will think it reasonable that he seek that proof of ID

there is far too much crap spoken on these threads with regards to lifting of signatures which, whilst it is harmless in itself- will get other caggers on the wrong side of judges if they waste the courts time with petty arguments as to whether they should or should not have signed/ provided id for a SAR

a judge who comes to the conclusion that a defendant(claimant) is nit picking and being a smart arse will not IMO be a judge who will readily accept the rest of that persons pleadings in a different light

All IMO of course

I took all my advice off here but my hubbie isn`t a compliant person either and if he won`t sign he won`t sign so I signed the request form MBNA stated they have varified this signature which is rubbish so where are all the cag members out there with the relevant advice for this allocation questionaire

Any advice what to do about this AQ I have had come this should not have been allocated for trial wrote and told the court that the sars have now come but asked if I might be entitled to a some wasted costs for all the work I put in can`t see why it warrants a trial it seems pointless and wasting more of the courts time

Hi Laura,

Have you ever called them from your number?

A lot of companies keep a record of the incoming phone numbers to use at a later date so it's always best to withhold any number you call from.

No I wouldn't be happy about it either!

Do you withhold your EX D number when calling people? Being EX D means that your not listed anywhere but I would have thought that the number is still revealed to people you call, might be worth checking just in case.

Did a N1 for my sars off MBNA they sent the paper work day after I filed N1. Wrote to let the court know that the sars had come so that the case would be at an end I asked if I`d be entitled to any wasted costs as I`d still done a lot of work on the case

The court have sent papers informing me case going to trial and have enclosed a defence sent to court by MBNA I`m to fill in a allocation questionaire

MBNA`s Defence is they saying because my hubbie didn`t send a signature they couldn`t comply with my sars request then they said because I didn`t send hubbie`s ID (passport/driving licence) they still couldn`t comply. But Hubbie has not got such ID. Hubbie brain damaged and I couldn`t get him to sign anything

In the end I sent a signature to MBNA nothing like my hubbie`s they said they varified the signature and then was able to send the sars but that`s not true the signature I gave couldn`t have been varified as it was mine!!!

Can`t understand why court as sent me a date for trial I have received the sars so I would have thought that would have been the end of the matter, apart from me requesting if I could have any wasted costs for MBNA not complying until the N1 was filed as I still went to all the trouble of doing all the research and paper work

Please can anyone advise what I can do as been sent a AQ to fill in

I think you all should have a look at my thread (RoyalIrish)

Signature Tampering

I just got an interesting letter from CapQuest after roasted them for forging my signaturelink3.gif on a dodgy CCA.

DD this signature tampering does seem to be a reality according to this posting off Capital One thread

putting ones baby in the microwave (this weeks paper) is a reality........as i suspect are many bizarre occurences

but i venture to suggest that the alleged lifting/re imposing of signatures by credit card companies in this country it is not prevalent enough to cause any concern.

personally i would be inclined to write to them and point out that the signature you gave them was not you husbans's but yours and and was intended, as it has done, to provide proof that they were being disingenuous and obstructive for the sake of it and that you intend putting this evidence before the court

ask them if they would like to re consider their position and let you know within the next 48 hours

Diddy is correct in one sense in that you providing the signature for your husband has demonstrated their position was completely ridiculous.

That said, providing a signature for someone else (without being granted the right to) could also land you on a sticky wicket.

I think the best thing to do is write to MBNA stating that you will discontinue on the basis that they meet your costs of attempting to enforce their compliance with statutory legislation.

If they refuse, say within 14 days, you will be pressing on with a claim for all of your costs.

We can see what their reply is and then advise accordingly.