Help with MBNA CCA, please. - ***WRITTEN OFF***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes s78 prevents enforcement by the creditor if he is in default of his s78 obligations

however, one of the arguments currently raging is that one recent judge has suggested that a DN , nay even starting legal proceedings is not enforcement .

thankfully , The OFT dont agree with him and neither do I

read the DN

the text in the DN is prescribed by parliament and states that if you remedy the alleged default within the time specified then no FURTHER enforcement will take place

Now i have no English qualifications but i am savvy enough to know that the phrase "no FURTHER enforcement" means that the author of that statement clearly believed that some enforcement had already taken place,

Therefore that must be the DN itself or something that occurred before it

if i am wrong i'll show my a*se in Burtons Window

(and it is not a pretty sight.......... My a*se that is - not Burtons Window!!)

Edited by diddydicky

lol thanks thought it was only I read as much as I can as you advise but so much conflicting advice I like to check with you as you do know your stuff, I also had Default notifications off MBNA Aug 2009 for the 2 accounts don`t know what these are followed by defaults being sent out this month as I said whilst acounts are in dispute they never even sent the Sars that I sent £10 for last year going to check if they cashed the postal order

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps -

"Damages at the discretion of the Court .

The claimant would not expect this to exceed £300.00."

If you put down more than £300 then the fee increases.

Have a look at how FUAFB got on against LTSB -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/208966-me-them-sar-non.html

The principles are the same for any SAR non-compliance claim.

Subject Access Requests

The Data Protection Act that you are making your request under is here.

Data Protection Act 1998

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

Is the above correct? I was told the 40 days starts from the date of request not the date they get what they request? I have sent signature but not passport/driving licence they have kept asking for

Perhaps -

"Damages at the discretion of the Court .

The claimant would not expect this to exceed £300.00."

If you put down more than £300 then the fee increases.

Have a look at how FUAFB got on against LTSB -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/208966-me-them-sar-non.html

The principles are the same for any SAR non-compliance claim.

On benefits so no fees, so what should I put on front of claim form where it states amount claimed? and is the amount claimed the amount of the schedule of costs or a sum on top of amount claimed confused about this can someone clear one or two of these quesries up tonight for me if possible.

I`ve attatched particulars of claim to the claim form and wrote on claim form "See attatched" put there under number 11. Damages, reimbursement of the unnecessary incurred costs and, if applicable, exemplary damages within the discretion of the Court are being applied for IS THIS OK?:?

And under Value I have put the Same?

Edited by Laura Cooke

Subject Access Requests

The Data Protection Act that you are making your request under is here.

Data Protection Act 1998

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

Is the above correct? I was told the 40 days starts from the date of request not the date they get what they request? I have sent signature but not passport/driving licence they have kept asking for

it may well be correct that the data controller, faced with a SAR out of the blue may require proof of identity, however:-

when his company have clearly been in recent communication with you and passing all sorts of confidential information back and forth- his insistence on having further proof of identity is clearly vaxatious

the time starts on the date that the request would normally be delivered in the post- any missing information that is required should be sought by the creditor telephoning to try and resolve any issues, at worst the creditor can only "stop" the clock ticking and then it re starts when the issue is reslolved- he CANNNOT set the clock back to zero

Got 2 accounts with MBNA not got a enforceable cca to either of the accounts and sent for sars last December MBNA requested copy of passport/driving licence never been prepared to do this so filled in N1 in after reminding them and sending NBA

Today had letter saying because of arrears account now defaulted and may be sold to vendor in due course meanwhile "You Must Make Payments" and as a gesture of goodwill we have suppressed interest and charges

Anyone please with advice

Got this off the Courts web site it clearly states you don`t have to put anything in the right hand box of the N1 "Amount Claimed" if your not claiming a fixed amount yet been to court today woman on desk insisted that must be filled in? How can you when you have no idea what figure to put?

"If you are claiming a fixed amount of money (a 'specified amount'), write the amount in the box at the bottom righthand corner of the claim form against 'amount claimed'.

If you are not claiming a fixed amount of money (an 'unspecified amount'), under 'Value' write 'I expect to recover' followed by whichever of the following applies to your claim:"

• 'not more than £5,000' or
  • 'more than £5,000 but not more than £15,000'or
  • 'more than £15,000'

If you are not able to put a value on your claim, write 'I cannot say how much I expect to recover'.

Edited by Laura Cooke

Anyone please with advice

Got this off the Courts web site it clearly states you don`t have to put anything in the right hand box of the N1 "Amount Claimed" if your not claiming a fixed amount yet been to court today woman on desk insisted that must be filled in?

"If you are claiming a fixed amount of money (a 'specified amount'), write the amount in the box at the bottom righthand corner of the claim form against 'amount claimed'.

If you are not claiming a fixed amount of money (an 'unspecified amount'), under 'Value' write 'I expect to recover' followed by whichever of the following applies to your claim:"

• 'not more than £5,000' or
  • 'more than £5,000 but not more than £15,000'or
  • 'more than £15,000'

If you are not able to put a value on your claim, write 'I cannot say how much I expect to recover'.

have you tried hitting the triangle for site support

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ADVICE ON POSTS 137 AND 143

Got a couple of N1 forms for different claims one is complex as I know that they do not have data they have admitted destroying it and it was crucial to a court case probably which would probably have resulted in considerable compenstion so no idea what to put the claim at and this akward receptionist at court insisting you have to put a figure in the Amount Claimed box yet HMCS web site says you don`t have to if not claiming a fixed amount any advice or as to where I could get some?

On benefits so can`t really afford a solicitor I understand for one of the claims anything over £5,000 will go fast track and I could end up with defendents bill? but they have destroyed evidence as it incriminated the Parliamentary Ombudsmen investigating them and rang yesterday she said it`s all very murky missing transcripts missing words etc to cover their backs

Edited by Laura Cooke

Laura,

I have pm'd you with respect to the claim for non compliance you are taking out against MBNA. If you have any queries, please pm me back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D