Notice Seeking Possession.What aftermath?

opal21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My HA stopped receiving Housing Benefit payments, I did not know that it was frozen for some 7-8 weeks. I kept paying on time every week my part of £23; HB was £55. 4 weeks ago my wife started her part time job. Today I received NSP ground 10 and 11. I believe arrears will be cleared soon by the council, but it is not my fault that HA did not get rent on time. Are there any after effects of this matter in order to get mortgage/credit checks? If they are, can they be removed somehow?

Sorry do not know the answer to your question. I guess a mortgage company would do a credit check and check if your rent payments are up to date. Are you thinking of applying for a mortgage now? If not I should not worry too much as you can rebuild your credit rating.

Have you actually checked your credit rating to see how it is looking?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thank you Jansus for reply. It is not right time for me to look for a mortgage yet because I am jobless now. Yes, I believe you're right about that after some time my credit rating will improve if it is affected by that Notice. But it is possible that it does not affect at all, but if it does it is not to late to do something, I guess. Today I am less worried than yesterday. Actually I was shocked yesterday when housing officer brought to me that Notice Seeking Possesion because I had no idea about freezing of the Housing Benefit.

Do you know easy way to check credit rating?

If you go to the martin lewis website there is a whole section on how to check it and how to improve it as well - the cheapest way is to send a postal order by post - it only costs one or two pounds. It is worth doing and make sure you read all sections carefully including associated addresses etc and I found several errors on mine.

I think all the addresses are on that site as well.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Actually there's not much to check - I do not borrow money - I do not buy anything if I have not enough cash even a car and I do not have any monthly payments like mobile phone plan. I checked the website you reffered and will finish registration on Mon.

actually in this topsy turvy country that has the reverse affect. If you do not borrow it gives you a lower rating as you have not proved you can pay a loan back. Its crazy.

My son had never borrowed a penny , wanted to change his current account and required NO overdraft and was refused because of his credit rating.

then we wonder why we are in the state we are.!

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thank you Maya. It is the way it should be done - tell your tenant that they are in arrears and if they ignore your message then you issue something more serious, like that Notice. But this time I believe Housing Association's (Contour Housing) finance officer did not follow the rules. OK, I can live with this, rent arrears are cleared now by the Housing Benefit, I am paying my part - I was always paying with no gaps, but I am still not !00% sure does this affect my credit rating. But as it was said above - it can be improved.