nottslad

Do you have gas heating and economy 7 electric?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I today spoke to a customer struggling to pay her electricity bill. On looking into why the bill was so high, she was being charged economy 7 for electricity but had gas heating and as such didn't benefit from the reduced night rates for elec (you have to use approx 50% of elec at night to benefit)

On doing a comparison, it turned out she would be £235 a year better off to be on a single rate tariff. Obviously she switched to save money and make her bills cheaper.

Unfortunately for me, I had my Team Manager sat with me call listening at the time, who got a bit annoyed to say the least because to explain everything fully and to resolve the query, it took 20 minutes to get sorted. She had a right go at me about it - I won't go into the ins and outs of the heated discussion there after...

But, if you have gas heating and are being charged economy 7 for electric, call your supplier with a meter reading and ask them to check whether it would be cheaper for you to be billed on a single rate tariff - they won't do this proactively for you. It could save you hundreds of pounds over the year...

As for my manager, she's getting deodorant for secret santa... smelly cow

Funny that as I had the same last week with my manager and we had crossed words as I wanted to backdate this for the customer as she had called in previously about her high electric bill!! I did win and managed to get her debt almost written off!!!! How are people expected to know unless we point it out and ask the right questions! Needless to say I am now being threatened with a capability review for my stats!

not exactly in line with the customer charter is it and the bit about making customers bills cheaper!

I'm so fu#@ed off with the place, i'm being threatened with a capability too, for not ticking all the boxes on a call marking sheet... errr having a natural conversation and resolving a complaint is more important!!

Mines for average call handling time and the call marking sheet because I dont harrass every customer who calls in to bring all their supply to us and to take out chc! One of my team members has been there 13 years and the same is happening to her too. Just cant find any other jobs at the moment, it sucks!