chrimbow

Advice needed with Dixons TV problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have spent most of this evening trying to get to grips with the SOGA and reading similar threads on here. I thought I would make a thread of my own as everyones case is different.

I bought a Philips LCD tv for £450 from Dixons online in January 2008 (so its coming up to 2 years old after xmas)

The problem with the TV is that it consistently loses all its stored channels after being turned off/on. This started after it froze and restarted itself about a week ago.

I am going to contact dixons and/or Philips tomorrow but I wanted to get my facts 100% correct as to what I can expect from them under the SOGA act and the EU directive 1999/44/EC. I am not after a refund (although that would be simpler) so a repair would do. What is my likelyhood of resolving this do you think? Obviously I need to get the ball rolling with christmas shutdowns etc so I dont go past 2 years in early Jan.

Thanks for any help!

Under either law the onus is on you to prove the items were defective at the point of purchase, so you'll need to pay for an independant engineers report on the TV. You should then grab one of the many sale of goods act covering letters from the boards, fill in the details and bundle that and a copy of the report off to currys head office in hemel hempstead, or to their customer service center in shefield via recorded delivery.

You have six years from the date of purchase to claim under the sale of goods act, also currys don't have christmas shutdowns, we only get christmas day off. :(

totally unrelated to going through the retailer but.

it might well be worth your while doing a factory reset on the beasty.

now we dont have the exact model etc sio i'm unsure of if this is possible or how.

but it typically involves pressing remote keys in a certain order.

there might not be one for your tv, but, it might be worth a google for.

hth

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Bit embarassing this...

Coincidentally I have just done a factory reset which seems to have cured the fault. Im inbetween Winter Hill and Moel yParc which has caused problems for a few people apparantly and confused the telly into defaulting to the wrong frequencies after going on standby despite doing a retune. I was told how to do a hard reset which seems to have fixed it (fingers crossed)

Thanks for the help!

Good old "turn it off and on again" lol

do you know what?

the info i saw while searching for a fix was EXACTLY that area with the same problem.with the same tv!!.........

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

do you know what?

the info i saw while searching for a fix was EXACTLY that area with the same problem.with the same tv!!.........

dx

Must be a bug in the software, I would be interested where you saw it as I googled it etc but didnt really find anything- posting a question is my last resort :)

Philips DTR220 channel list problem | hilpers

reset philips tv winter hill - Yahoo! Search Results

sadly you can never get the same list twice on yahoo.

i did not include winter hill in my search last night , just reset philips TV and the second page of results mentioned yParc problem and thats what i saw.

cant find it tonight , though i've put in winter hill too!

sorry

dx

spreadsheets