barclaycard help needed

whipsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i currently owe 733.04 to my barclaycard which had a limit of 300 am i still able to apply for a refund of excessive charges now that the banks etc have won in court?

Firstly, the banks have not won in court (have a read around the forums).

Secondly, the Supreme Court case was not to do with credit cards but bank charges I believe.

Hope this helps,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi, whipsey.

Like MandM says, the test case had nothing to do with Credit Cards, get your claim in.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Whipsey, posted on your other thread.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi Whipsey,

I see you started the reclaiming process long ago but didn't follow it up. If you are going to do this now, stick to your deadlines and follow up any threats with positive action. ;)

Start the process from scratch. Get all your statements together and, if you are missing any, send off a SAR with the £10 to get them from BC.

Use this letter as your Prelim and your LBA, adapted as nec'y.

Decide if you just want the charges back, or you want to claim the charges plus interest at BC's contractual rate. Read up on this in the Interest Tutorial in my signature below.

If you just want the charges back, BC will refund them in full without you having to file at court.

If you want contractual interest, you'll have to file a court claim, pay court fees (reclaimable) and prepare your evidence or Court Bundle. The financial rewards can be significant.

It may help you decide if you calculate the contractual interest using the spreadsheet mentioned in the Int't Tutorial (under the heading Credit Cards), so you can see how much more you can claim.

BC will refuse to pay all the way up to a court hearing but will usually back down and cough up. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Never mind in your hand !!

Get it posted off. ;)

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi whipsey.

Why do you believe the amount is in dispute? (out of interest)

M

Sorry whipsey, just had a read back through the thread so back up to speed now :D.

I see Slick said to adapt the letter to use it as your LBA, which sounds pretty terminal :). (I really should read back further lol) so as the amount is in dispute. There is a letter in the template libraries I believe which should cover this. You OK finding one?

M

When you get the SAR response, you should be able to see how the a/c balance got to it's present level.

The a/c is not in dispute yet as there is no claim underway and no CCA request or SAR deadline has passed.

If you don't make monthly payments to the a/c, the debt collection monkeys will be on your back.

Edited by slick132
typo

When you get the SAR response, you should be able to see how the a/c balance got to it's present level.

The a/c is not in dispute yet as there is no claim underway and no CCA request or SAR deadline has passed.

If you don't make monthly payments to the ac/, the debt collection monkeys will be on your back.

My apologies, I assumed (wrongly) that you were beyond CCA request stage.

M

• 1 month later...

They may well make a lower offer initially but will change their tune quickly enough when you make the right response.

• 5 months later...

right i'm still gettin no where with this and am ready to send off a claim to the court but cant find the section on how to do this i remember using moneyclaim online but not sure what to write on it any help will be appreciated

Can you tell us what's happened since your last post. Did you claim back the charges alone or with contractual interest on top.

How did BC respond.

Don't use MCOL if you can avoid it - issue proceedings at your local county court. Use the BC POC's linked in the Stickies.