lukechris

Property stolen from school locker

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm new here :)

Either on Tuesday 9th December or Wednesday 10th, my school locker was forced open. My PE kit (worth around £90) was stolen. I went to the headteacher today who said all we can do is ask the PE dept to do spot checks on PE kit's with names. We pay £5 a year or £20 for all the time were at the school for the lockers and there is a video camera in place, but it is facing down a corridor making no use when it could be rotated to point the lockers and the people who did it would now have been punished.

Do I have ANY rights at all, I'm thinking I should because we paid for the facility?

Thanks for any help you can give me now.

Luke

I would thnik not. Of the schools I have known, when accepting payment for additional services (like lockers) there are T&C's of use which include not neing responsible, pretty much in the same way as a car park isn't responsible to you for anyone stealing your car (or the property within).

Hi we thought that then when reading what we signed and paid for, apparently, we are only paying for the rental of the lockers, nothing mentioned about property in them. Could be a good or a bad thing I suppose?

I rent a bike locker from Scotrail at a distant station. They stipulate only bikes and accessories/clothing are held within, but if the locker is broken into and stolen, they are not liable (and point to the security hoop to additionally chain the bike to whilst IN the locker! :(