style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My situation is as follows:

I moved house just over a year ago and forgot to update my V5 to show my new address (stupid I know). I only updated it about 3-4 months ago when I was re-taxing my car.

This morning I found my car clamped by the bailiffs who infomed me that there are two outstanding penalty charges (for illigal right turns) against my vehicle from december of last year and July this year. I have no problem admiting guit for the penalty charges but the bailiffs fees for the two penalties are over £1000! I had to pay a total of £650 to get the clamp removed from my car this morning and have untill the end of January to pay the other one.

I have been emailed the Statutory declaration forms by the magistrates court this morning to try and get the bailiffs off my back for a while but I don't know what to put on the form. Surley if I say it was an honest mistake I'll get done for the full ammount including the bailiff fees?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am v. worried about what might happen and how much money I am going to lose over an honest mistake.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi,

My situation is as follows:

I moved house just over a year ago and forgot to update my V5 to show my new address (stupid I know). I only updated it about 3-4 months ago when I was re-taxing my car.

This morning I found my car clamped by the bailiffs who infomed me that there are two outstanding penalty charges (for illigal right turns) against my vehicle from december of last year and July this year. I have no problem admiting guit for the penalty charges but the bailiffs fees for the two penalties are over £1000! I had to pay a total of £650 to get the clamp removed from my car this morning and have untill the end of January to pay the other one.

I have been emailed the Statutory declaration forms by the magistrates court this morning to try and get the bailiffs off my back for a while but I don't know what to put on the form. Surley if I say it was an honest mistake I'll get done for the full ammount including the bailiff fees?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am v. worried about what might happen and how much money I am going to lose over an honest mistake.

Thanks in advance

Matt

I have no ides as to why you are having to pay £1,000 as a bailiff CANNOT apply multiple charges when enforcing more than one debt. The fees are WRONG. In addition a fee CANNOT be applied to clamp a car. There is case law on this point.

If you had not received the original PCN's then you MUST complete a stat dec.

HOWEVER....

I am confused as to why you have received forms from the Magistrates Court as the forms are normally processed through the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

The Magistrates Court will process stat dec's that relate to local authorities that have yet to decriminalise PCN's. In other words, where parking tickets are still processed by the police as opposed to local authorities.

I have sent you a PM.

sent you a pm might help sneaky i know but may help if they try to take the car (was not my idea someone on here pmed it to me when i had trouble cannot remember original sender but thanks )