• Tweets

• Thank you so much for your replies.   Yes, I have text messages from the tenant acknowledging all the visits made by the professionals (handyman + double glazing maintenance person + 4 different plumbers)   4th plumber visited the property 4 different times and on three of those occasions found the boiler turned off. The tenant claimed she didn't know anything about it and said it must have been the other tenant who did that.    I have an email from the plumber detailing each visit and he's happy to be contacted by the solicitors if need be.    The tenant claims she didn't have hot water for 10 weeks but the plumber says the hot water was always working. His letter says, with the tank having a 210L water content, it was obvious that demand was greater than supply capacity.  The plumber is convinced that there's never been anything wrong with the hot water. His opinion was further verified after his discussion with the tenant's grandfather (who was present during his last visit) and being informed that the tenant had showered at his property the night before (spent roughly 20 minutes in the shower). Just to be able to say we've done something, the plumber replaced the two working standard stats with high level stats to allow the tank to regenerate quicker. He says this is not ideal as the high level stats will cause the tank to scale at a much quicker rate and will ultimately cause the tank to fail and need replacing as the scale can not be removed. He's done this just so the water heats quicker even after 20 minute showers.  (The tenant says this has solved the problem and that they have water left after they take a shower)   Both tenants are named on the agreement. I'll ask the Estate agent about the signed documents from the original guarantors but I'm certain that we have them. Everything was done according to books.   There's literally no mention of a Vacating Sharer in the agreement. It's a 12 month fixed term contract with both names on it. We're on month 6 now.   I really don't want to keep this tenant for another 6 months but the estate agent is saying that we have no choice but to accept the "vacating sharer" agreement even though "she will have a guarantor as her references do not meet criteria"   Do I have a right to object or is the estate agent telling the truth?   Thanks again!        
    • I leave you guess how the second pair of the same boots have done, the sole and the upper have torn apart in two separate places on the same boot, about an inch in each instance, i was going to let this slide but two pair on the trot is too much.   Two pairs and we're barely half way through the season, and the astro boots only see half the games.
    • Donation made Now on to my ongoing tussle with BT/Lowell , read elsewhere   Rod
    • Make the most of using this website as we'll all be debtors prisons soon as we cant afford to live in Tory Britain 
    • Must be one or the other parking was free  so their evidence of the  written ticket ticket contradicts the reason for the Charge in their RobOclaim POC, hopefully EB will be in later with an opinion.
  • Our picks

postggj

speeding ticket/traffic car/calibration certificate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not My Usual Area So Ime All Yours

A Friend Of My Brother Has Asked For Help.

The Cops Done Him Between 92 And 98 Mph On The M6 At 1230 In The Morning.

For Some Reason He Declined A Fixed Penalty And Has Elected To Go To Court.

Looking Into The Facts, The Police Had A Re-calibration Done On There Car The Next Day.

I Would Think He Needs To Request The Previouse Calibration Certificate. Lets Not Get Into The Rights And Wrongs On Speeding, This Is A Legal Matter For Now, So These Are My Questions

1/ How Often Do These Devices Need To Be Calibrated To Be Used In Court As Evidence

2/ Can You Request A Copy Of The Certificate Say Under Cpr Prior To The Court Trial

3/ What Would Be The Situation If No Valid Calibration Certificate Was Current At The Time And Who Does The Calibration

Answers On A Post Card

I take it that it was the speedo that was re-caliberated?

If so, its normal for these to be re-caliberated after they have detected a speeding offence.

However i do not know much more than that im afraid!

Warning: Freemen of the Land Operate here. Think twice before accepting 'legal advice'.

My local force calibrate monthly, and if there is a discrepancy over 2% it is brought to the attention of the duity Inspector, who should check any incidents that may involve borderline transgressions. However, being clocked at between 92/98mph this wpuldn't be borderline as a speeding offence has certainly been detected - I don't believe it will invalidate the action - and if the onboard JAI Video system recorded the pursuit, it uses a tandem speed sensor (but unlinked to the speedo) and this could provide corroboration to their original findings.

The OP's friends Speedo would have been showing way over the ton to be clocked at 98. So he should be thankful his speedo isnt calibrated.

However the guys over at PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice are the experts

But i feel Buzby has hit the nail on the head

Many forces have a measured mile that they use on a daily basis before going out on patrol 2-3 Psi differance in tyre pressure can throw out the speedo. But on the motorway by traffic police. There would be 3 witnesses.

The speedo. vascar and the other bobby.

Good luck

The opinion of two Police Officers has been held sufficient to obtain a conviction. Collaboration, be it speedo, VASCAR, etc. is a bonus

Unless he already had 9 points, he was absolutely stupid to decline an FPN at that speed.

Edited by patdavies