• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Itchy dogs & Seleen Shampoo

Jan4a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Parent's dog was a rescue dog (border collie x). She was half bald when they got her as her previous owner hadn't treated her for fleas and she had a flea allergy. (RSPCA said this). Her coat has mainly grown now, she is frontlined up to date but is still itchy and a bit red sometimes.

Have seen above treatment shampoo on Hyperdrug.com and wondered if that would help her? It is about £10 for 150 ml plus postage.

It seems quite strong stuff so thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything about it or if it would be suitable before buying.

Thanks

Jan

I'm not the expert on dogs but I'm not sure this product is the right thing for a flea allergy. Selenium is used in human shampoos for severe dandruff - caused by something I do know but can't possibly spell without looking it up:)

If you've got rid of the cause of the allergy then I'd have thought the mildest products would be the best, something to soothe the residual irritation.

Thanks, now you've said I've remembered it is in a treatment shampoo for humans. Used it once after having highlights, hair dye made my head itch and flake and pharmacist recommended it. It stinks. It did sort it though.

mmmm - maybe baby shampoo then. If no difference, then vet job.

Thanks beetlebug. Does your dog have allergies? Am a bit wary of tea tree, a friend used a tea tree shampoo once and came out in big lumps all over her body as she was allergic to it. I suppose the answer is to do a patch test first.

hi jana

yes my dog does but not sure what to. if she comes up red and itchy i just whipe a bit of this on her the redness goes away and she stops scratching. this is not neat tea tree just a diluted solution. smells quite strong but doesn't hurt the dog or me when i am applying it. if youwant the phone number of the company just let me know.

We used to breed dogs and have used Seleen constantly, however recently our dogs have been scratching more than usual and the Seleen does not seem to help. We are beginning to wonder if it is a change in diet or whether pet foods is not more veggie than meat.

When Whiskas started adding veg our cat stopped eating the biscuits. We now buy her Royal Canin biscuits which she eats.

Hi Jan,

This is such a common problem, not just due to the former fleas, but to the stress, a compromised immune system, habit-the itch/scratch/itch cycle and to superimposed skin conditions introduced into the broken skin, eg fungal infections.

It's always tricky with an allergic type, so patch tests are good, as mentioned above. Seleen can work well in some cases but is poisonous if ingested.

You could try something like Allermyl shampoo, specifically for allergic dogs. It has anti fungal properties, lanolin and Vitamin E in too. (Though lanolin itself can occasionally cause reactions but then, anything can!)

Another I've used on my itchy scratchy dog (allergic to mites) is Naeem Shampoo. It's used for children with nits, so quite safe and very effective.

Finally, another favourite of mine is Sporal D, another cooler and cleanser, veterinary grade but available without prescription. Gets rid of fungal and bacterial skin problems.

Generally, anything that helps to boost the immne system and relieve stress will help too. Omega Fatty Acid supplements can help, as can a good mixed diet including vegetables (mine's on complete diet but I cook extra veg and he gets these and tablescraps mixed in, watching weight of course!) Plenty of excercise and brain stimulation is crucial, especially with collies.

What works for one dog won't necessarily work for another, but you have to start somewhere, with careful trial and error.

Lucky dog to have found someone who cares :)

Elsa x

• Haha 1

Good post UC-Elsa. We have bought some Frontline flea control for the dogs and cat and also some foggers. One fogger for the caravan and two for the house.

Once caravan has been done then it is a good excuse to use it over Xmas while the foggers do their work in the house. In addition to make doubly sure bought worming tablets for the dogs and also the cat.

I think the dogs and cat may be stressed out because we have not been out in the caravan since end of November and they are used to going out every weekend! :D

Well, my previous old border used to get red and itchy skin, had skin problems on and off all his life. My vet told me to stop wasting money on dog shampoo and use good old head and shoulders, both shampoo and conditioner. It worked a treat, and I use it on my current border, no problems, but he smells lovely now after a shower! And getting the comb through him is so easy. But just check with your own vet first in case. My vet tells me to do some odd/old fashioned things sometimes, but we've not come to any harm yet - I think he's one of those "alternative" types - but he's great.

Another I've used on my itchy scratchy dog (allergic to mites) is Naeem Shampoo. It's used for children with nits, so quite safe and very effective.

Generally, anything that helps to boost the immne system and relieve stress will help too. Omega Fatty Acid supplements can help, as can a good mixed diet including vegetables (mine's on complete diet but I cook extra veg and he gets these and tablescraps mixed in, watching weight of course!) Plenty of excercise and brain stimulation is crucial, especially with collies.

What works for one dog won't necessarily work for another, but you have to start somewhere, with careful trial and error.

Elsa x

Hi Elsa

I'm back on this now - I've been away for weekend.

I think I'll try the Naeem first as you say its both bacterial/anti fungal and see how she goes with that.

On food, she eats James Wellbeloved, this seems to agree with her as she's lost weight whilst on it and is bright. She went fat and lethargic on previous food she had - it was one from supermarkets that everyone will have heard of but not sure I can mention it as saying negative things about it!

Surfer01 - Hi, my cats have Royal Canin too so agree with you there. Its not cheap but if I buy them anything else they won't eat it now they've had that. Typical cats!

my sister had a collie and terrier and they both had allergies. the only things she could use on them was baby shampoo's it was the only type that would not affect them and had no problems after that. I remember she stuck with the branded one for kids with sensitive skin from Asda.

anything like this is worse as it's ca e of keep trying to get you get whats right for your pooches.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)