pbear9990

Best way to deal with DCA?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can someone assist me with the following.

1. I received a letter from a DCA enquiring if I was the same individual who previously lived at a different address. If I was (and I am) I should contact them to be notified of the details of a debt they were seeking to collect. I did not reply and shredded the letter. There was no detail regarding the debt in this letter.

2. I received a second letter from the same DCA. I did not open it. Marked it with 'Not at this address' and returned it to the sender.

3. I have now received two telephone calls from a different DCA where my wife stated that they must have the wrong number. As I am quite genuine and settle my debts I am assuming that the debt has been transferred from one DCA to the other. The only potential debt could be one with eBay which is without foundation as I was being scammed and did not go through with the sale. One other point is that we are ex-directory and careful with our number. How did they obtain it?

Please can you tell me what the best course of action would be - continue to ignore the letters / calls and wait to bar the bailiff from my door .. or .. engage with the DCA utlising advice from this site.

Many thanks

Please can someone assist me with the following.

1. I received a letter from a DCA enquiring if I was the same individual who previously lived at a different address. If I was (and I am) I should contact them to be notified of the details of a debt they were seeking to collect. I did not reply and shredded the letter. There was no detail regarding the debt in this letter.

2. I received a second letter from the same DCA. I did not open it. Marked it with 'Not at this address' and returned it to the sender.

3. I have now received two telephone calls from a different DCA where my wife stated that they must have the wrong number. As I am quite genuine and settle my debts I am assuming that the debt has been transferred from one DCA to the otherprobably - what were the names, they tend to 'hunt in packs' and send letters in sequencehe only potential debt could be one with eBay which is without foundation as I was being scammed and did not go through with the sale. One other point is that we are ex-directory and careful with our number. How did they obtain it?possibly from ebay/paypal or have a look at the 192.com thread - a bit of an eye opener!

Please can you tell me what the best course of action would be - continue to ignore the letters / calls and wait to bar the bailiff from my door .. or .. engage with the DCA utlising advice from this site.

Many thanks

two options, continue to ignore or send a prove it letter in reponse to the next one.

They cannot 'get the baliff round' for that they would need to take you to court and win and then you not pay and then get an enforcement order

I suggest you take the 2nd option as they have a nasty habit of peeing all over your credit file if you're not careful

hungrybear

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little paranoid in naming the DCA just in case they read these forums and gain from the posting. I'll take a look at those 192.com. Cheers.

Might Be An Idea To Check Your Credit File Online To See If A Dca Has Been Naughty With Defaults

Take The 30 DaY Free Trial And Then Cancel

Let Us Know The Situation

hungrybear

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little paranoid in naming the DCA just in case they read these forums and gain from the posting. I'll take a look at those 192.com. Cheers.

just search them on the forums and you'll discover the link. If its paypal then my money would be on EOS Solutions followed by either scotcall or Robinson Way:p

(but that's only a guess)

postggj

Thanks. I've ordered a report from Experian - they send a pin number out within 5 days. I'll let you know what comes back.

hugrybear

Good guess..but I won't say which one. Thanks

well eos wasnt a guess.

And just remember that it is alleged that experian 'push' the data they get from credit report sign-ups to dca's, so you may have inadvertantly confirmed your address

If this turns out to be from eBay, and I enter into correspondence, what would you recommend as the first document to send contesting the debt? I know very little about this. Would I request a CCA or just send a letter contesting the debt?

If this turns out to be from eBay, and I enter into correspondence, what would you recommend as the first document to send contesting the debt? I know very little about this. Would I request a CCA or just send a letter contesting the debt?

cca request is not relevant. Definitive legally enforceable proof is the phrase I like to use. I have a lovely letter about this I'll try and dig out in the morning which starts 'kindly prove there is a matter to discuss, take me to court or stop harassing me'.