rhonwen

Help, A+L refusing to refund and close account!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3646 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

I have been trying to sort out a dispute with Alliance and Leicester and would appreciate any help you could all give me as I don't really know what I'm doing!

At the end of September I received a letter informing me that I had been charged over £120 in overdrawn fees and that i had failed to responed to previous letters. This was the first letter I had received and I phoned them straight away to find out what was going on. They had apparently tried to pay a direct debit that had been canceled and moved to a different account the month before. I offered to pay the money as long as they then closed the account and I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore. I was then told that I couldn't do that as the amount had gone up to over £250 in fees since I had received the letter that morning. I asked how it had happened and was told that that was just the way it worked and that if I didn't pay the full amount I could open a dispute. I opened the dispute and was assured that my account would be closed, no more fees added and that I wouldn't receive anymore letters until after the un-going court case. They sent a letter acknowledging the dispute on the 1st October.

Well since then I have received another letter from them telling me the fees are up to over £350. I have phoned them and was told that my account was still open and that my previous phone call had happened n the 11th of November so I would have fees up until that date. When I informed that I had not phoned on the 11th November but infact nearly a month and a half earlier I was basicly called a liar and told there was nothing they could do.

I then wrote to them detailing everything that had happened and requesting the fees be removed and my account closed or I would be seeking legal advice.

They have written back today telling me that their fees are fair and that they will refund £25 to my account taking the amount down to £330.

They did not address anything else in my letter and so once again I phoned them up and was told that there was nothing they could do.

I am at my wits end and have no clue where to go next with sorting this out. Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Rhonwen.

Put a complaint into the FOS about the way you have been treated.