woods23

Howard Cohen and Lewis Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone give me some advice please. End of October I received a letter from Lewis Group saying I owed some money to HSBC. I sent £1 and asked them to provide me with a copy of the CCA. They returned my £1 and said they would get in touch with HSBC to provide the CCA as they didn't have a copy of it. I've now received a demand from Howard Cohen saying they had wrote to me to advise that litigation proceedings would be taken against me for the recovery of an unpaid account, and to return the standing order by 11th December otherwise legal action may be taken without any notice resulting in costs being added to my account. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

give us some history on the debt please.

or is it not yours at all?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Read this, edit and send recorded

Dear Sirs,

I write in response to your letter dated XXXXX

Your letter is incorrect and frivolous, you are fully aware of legally valid reasons why no payment has been made on this account, namely that the agreement which underpins this account has not been supplied despite a perfectly valid request and furthermore, it is suggested that notwithstanding the failure to supply a copy, the agreement itself is improperly executed, devoid of all prescribed terms and deficient in respect of detail relating to APR, total charge for credit and statements of rights ,remedies and protections as required by schedules 1,2 and 6 Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983

Therefore the agreement as outlined in section 65 (1) Consumer Credit Act must be laid before the court to be granted an enforcement order before any further action can be taken

It is my view that the court would not grant such an order due to the deficiencies that I have outlined within the agreement, further more this has already been raised with (name oof original creditor or DCA) yet the absence of any documents disproving my points itself speaks volumes

Therefore, I would indeed welcome the opportunity to place this before the court. furthermore should you proceed with the threats to issue a court claim I will make an immediate application to have it set aside for the grounds outlined above, also I shall refer the judge to this letter when the matter of costs falls due

I trust this outlines my position clearly enough for you

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi yes the debt is mine but it goes back some 15 years to when I was having financial problems. It was a loan taken out with Midland Bank before they changed their name to HSBC. It was also taken out in my maiden name, so all documentation is in that name. The last payment I made on the account was back in March 05. It has been passed from one DCA to another Geoffrey Parker Bourne, Equidebt for two examples. I then received the letter from Lewis at the end of October, sent them £1 for a copy of the CCA which they duly returned stating they are not the creditor in that matter and that I submit my request directly to HSBC.

Do I need to put on I do not acknowledge any debt to their company? and just print my name?

Do I need to put on I do not acknowledge any debt to their company? and just print my name?

yep.

send 42man's letter,they are so trying it on.

15 years....:lol: cca long long long ago lost in archives.

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

suprised cohens first contact was a threat, normally he goes straight in a with a court order from northampton, maybe he is being monitored for unethical use of court summonses

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

suprised cohens first contact was a threat, normally he goes straight in a with a court order from northampton, maybe he is being monitored for unethical use of court summonses

Probably getting fed up of Caggers defending and him having to withdraw with his tail between his legs :D

maybe this is his christmas cheer shining through:D

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)