• Tweets

• I think it will be very helpful to let people know more detail about these debts. Who is the original creditor? How much was the debt for? When was the debt incurred? When did you last make any payment or acknowledgement of the debt
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. Thank you for the information, it will help the guys to advise you. Please don't do anything until they've had a look and possibly asked questions.   While  you're waiting, you have other VCS airport threads for Liverpool and Southend, possibly others. It would be worth a read to understand how they operate.   Best, HB
    • What part of never use email Never communicate with a powerless dca hasnt been understood?   If you want to do anything which you should as it also protects your backdoor if the debt were to be sold and a DCA were to litigate as it stands..send our sb letter from the debt collection section of our library   Thats goes to the oc as they still own the debt
    • Good afternoon - I've received a parking charge notice from VCS - grateful for any advice - do I ignore/appeal? Can VCS enforce the restricted zone in this way, covered under bylaws (I think)?   Driver didn't notice signage, vehicle wasn't actually stopped by double red lines (as pictured)   1 Date of the infringement 25/11/19 2 Date on the NTK 29/11/19 3 Date received 4/12/19 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? No 7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services (VCS) 8. Where exactly Bristol Airport - on "privately operated access roads", just outside car park barrier, not car park itself - stopped for 5 seconds to pick someone up, didn't pick them up and drove away when the camera van arrived. Operate under IAS   Thanks in advance!    
    • Hi,    Thanks for any advice I receive in advance.    If I am honest I haven't really cared about my credit file until recently and am just looking for some advice after signing up. I was in a stupid financial position a few years back, i was a fairly typical teenager who didn't care about debt etc but fortunately I have grown up and am looking to improve this.    I have three defaults on my credit file, from February 2014, June 2014 and May 2015.    My question is about what happens when these are removed. I understand that the defaults are removed after 6 years?   But let's take the February 2014 one as an example. In a couple of months time the 6 years will be up on this. At the moment on my credit file it has a default for every single month since that date. In February, does the whole thing get removed or just the first "little red default". So will it actually take 6 years for all these defaults to come off or does the whole debt get removed?   Thanks S
  • Our picks

nickneedshelp

Cabot Standard Disclosure No DOB or Sig

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I have been in negotiations with Cabot as they bought my debt from RBS (Mint).

We are now at the stage where they have sent me a copy of the Standard Disclosure through there solicitor Morgan and all they want is to see a charge on my property for an unsecured credit card bill.

I was made redundant and I am trying to find work but they dont care, however I have read the paperwork they have sent and the Credit Agreement has no signature or DOB on it.

I know I should pay this bill BUT as they are just trying to place a charge on my property should the agreement be signed and have the DOB and also should it be signed by them.

Cheers

Edited by nickneedshelp

Hi there,

Welcome to CAG.

Yes, the agreement should bear your signature but your DOB is not required.

Have a look at these links which may help you decide on the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

Please can you post up the agreement (blanking out personal details)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Supasnooper,

Thanks for the reply,I have attached a link below for each of the six pages.Sorry I didnt get time to work out saving it all as one.

Nick

http://i46.tinypic.com/2moru9y.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vjsw15.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cgn9zr.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/205qskk.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zzqnnn.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mpev12.jpg

Hi,

As I see it, if they can provide the same document with your signature on it then it would be good but at the moment it is a pile of poo!:-)

All they have done is merged your details onto a standard set of T's&C's and they have left out the signature box and your signature as allowed by the 1983 regs however, for enforceability purposes, I think it is no good

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

As I see it, if they can provide the same document with your signature on it then it would be good but at the moment it is a pile of poo!:-)

All they have done is merged your details onto a standard set of T's&C's and they have left out the signature box and your signature as allowed by the 1983 regs however, for enforceability purposes, I think it is no good

Silverfox, thanks for the reply that is what I thought ,and as this is the disclosure for the court I would have thought it would have been signed as standard.

Nick