LTSB loan passed to BLS who are now harassing and making threats - advice please

jc1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is:

Lloyds TSB

BLS Collections

PO Box 467E

Oxford

OX4 1WA

9th March 2010

Letter ref RBLG04

Ref: XXXXXXXXXX

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thank you for your statement dated 26th February 2010 received 8th March 2010, detailing the period 26.02.09 to 26.02.10 which was singularly unhelpful and, as you acknowledged, not at all what I had requested or indeed was entitled to. I should indeed like you to provide the extra information which you so kindly offer to furnish me with, within 15 working days of this request. I look forward to receiving it within that time frame.

Thank you also for your letter of 18th February 2010 where you state that I have failed to adhere to my commitment to a repayment plan. This is in fact completely erroneous on your part and I reserve my right to take legal action in respect of defamation of character and libel.

Your letter of 22nd January stated that you were unable to provide a copy of the original loan application document and enclosed a cheque for £10.00. I hereby return your cheque and should like to request reimbursement by postal order as per my payment method to yourselves.

Furthermore, as you yourselves have stated in writing, you have no proof of any debt. I therefore state that I shall make one final payment on 8th April in full and final settlement of any supposed debt, however I do not acknowledge any debt with yourselves, this is a goodwill gesture on my part. If I am not in receipt of a letter from yourselves to the contrary, supported with legal obligation on my part and documentation from yourselves, before 8th April 2010, I shall consider this matter concluded.

At the conclusion of this matter I wish to receive no further communication from yourselves. I have numerous bullying, intimidating, harassing, and threatening communications from yourselves in your many and varied guises, and as such feel you have had quite sufficient sport with myself.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by jc1234
Sorry - pasted directly from Word and it went a bit funny....

Here it is:

Lloyds TSB

BLS Collections

PO Box 467E

Oxford

OX4 1WA

9th March 2010

Letter ref RBLG04

Ref: XXXXXXXXXX

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thank you for your statement dated 26th February 2010 received 8th March 2010, detailing the period 26.02.09 to 26.02.10 which was singularly unhelpful and, as you acknowledged, not at all what I had requested or indeed was entitled to. I should indeed like you to provide the extra information which you so kindly offer to furnish me with, within 15 working days of this request. I look forward to receiving it within that time frame.

Thank you also for your letter of 18th February 2010 where you state that I have failed to adhere to my commitment to a repayment plan. This is in fact completely erroneous on your part and I reserve my right to take legal action in respect of defamation of character and libel.

Your letter of 22nd January stated that you were unable to provide a copy of the original loan application document and enclosed a cheque for £10.00. I hereby return your cheque and should like to request reimbursement by postal order as per my payment method to yourselves. I would ask them to comply with your SAR if that's what you originally did because they are oviously having a problem with this. What did you ask for, a CCA or a SAR or both and did you submit it correctly and in the meantime you hope they would not have a problem with you suspending payment until they have complied with your reasonable request

Furthermore, as you yourselves have stated in writing, you have no proof of any debt. I therefore state that I shall make one final payment on 8th April in full and final settlement of any supposed debt, however I do not acknowledge any debt with yourselves, this is a goodwill gesture on my part. If I am not in receipt of a letter from yourselves to the contrary, supported with legal obligation on my part and documentation from yourselves, before 8th April 2010, I shall consider this matter concluded.

At the conclusion of this matter I wish to receive no further communication from yourselves. I have numerous bullying, intimidating, harassing, and threatening communications from yourselves in your many and varied guises, and as such feel you have had quite sufficient sport with myself.

Yours faithfully

Thanks kurvaface. I requested a subject access request and a CCA. I used the letter templates on this forum. In total I sent 3 letters in one envelope, the third being the do not dare darken my doorstep one, together with 2 postal orders of £1 and £10. They have not said that the letters were incorrect, just that they are unable (or unwilling) to comply.

I am unsure about suspending payments - won't that lead to further harassment from LTSB/BLS? I would rather keep paying by SO and ignoring their standard threat-o-grams than be in a position where I really do have to respond to them or they can take action against me!

I have a slight problem telephoning them as I sent them a letter saying all communication must be in writing!! The impression I have is that as I have been dutifully paying my monthly payment all they have had to do is issue their randomly generated threat-o-grams and so have probably misplaced or destroyed any and all personal details they ever held on me. I suspect all they have is a statement of my payments which itself probably only goes back as far as their present computer system.

I am tempted to send the letter giving them 30 days to respond and see what they have to say for themselves. If they cannot come up with anything, then the whole thing is over, and if they actually do find some documentation, I shall simply continue with my payments.

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite sure what to do as Royal Mail do not have a POD for my recorded delivery letter, they don't have a POD for another letter i sent at the same time either but i do know that arrived. as such, i think i need to resend my letter, but maybe to the address i found on another thread provided by a Trading Standards officer:

Consumer Debt Recovery Team

Lloyds TSB plc

Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton BN1 3XJ

Apparently anything sent to BLS gets sent on to there anyway.

Also, I have had a further threat-o-gram from BLS saying that they have asked me to bring my payment plan up to date or cantact them and I have 'failed to do either'. I must pay the full balance now or contact them by telephone. Then my favourite part;

'Failure to do so would mean we would have to consider making contact with you by telephone or by instructing LTSB to consider whether a personal visit is required.'

Bless, they really want to hear my dulcit tones, don't they. As I have previously written to BLS/LTSB to say do not ever telephone me and never darken my door, is this letter a further breach by BLS? Basically as I am going to write to them one last time (I'll use special delivery this time and hope for the best!) is it worth me also having a moan about this latest letter as well.

Thank you for your help!

Depends what your local TS is like TBH but worth giving them a call via consumer direct (these will notify the OFT for you as well if you request it) or see if you can get a direct number for them from your local counsil website. You might have to gently remind them that you are making a complaint for breaches of OFT guidlines and the CPUTR ;)

I have just come across another thread where someone asked if there was some sort of OFT rule about not soliciting payment of debts by credit card. Is this the case as BLS helpfully suggest I pay by debit or credit card, so if they are not playing nicely, I will put that in my letter too!

Oh dear. They've put it in writing have they? Straight to TS with it and make sure it's reported to the OFT as this is in direct breach of OFT guidlines. If TS need help with which one it is come back here and I'll tell you :)

I quote, 'If you wish to make payment today using either your Debit or Credit card then please contact us on the above telephone number.'

Yes, they did use bold type!

Right - complaint sent to TS, now to put the finishing touches to my final ever (fingers crossed) letter to BLS. I must try to refrain from sarcasm but I am afraid that it may get the better of me!

Typical Murphy's Law - after sending my letter off to BLS/LTSB again yesterday, I now have a letter from LTSB together with a £10 postal order which basically acknowledges my letter of 8th March. However, the letter I sent yesterday by special delivery gives them another 30 days to respond to me!! Oh well - I will have to wait and see now - roll on the end of May!

Thanks babybear39, I want to be absolutely sure of myself before I stop my standing order! It would be just my luck to have come this far and get caught out on a technicality lol!!

Oh I am!! I am still tempted to honour my letter of yesterday, then if they tried to later take me to court, I could prove that I gave them a further chance to prove that the debt was correct. Also, I feel a bit bad morally stopping paying for a debt that I know is owed (well - it's probably all the charges and interest I am paying off now!!)