Have the government banned credit card cheques?

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received some of these cheques by post last week and shredded them. I got another load today and shredded them aswell. I am trying to get out of debt not dig in deeper.

The article says that the Government are going to ban them so they are not banned yet.

It was intresting to read about a post being set up to help you get your money back I presume this would be the charge incurred for using the cheque not the full amount you wrote it out for?

Interesting article.

I know they're not banned yet cos both Halifax and Barclaycard have sent them to me in the last couple of weeks. I'm always getting them but have never used them.

It is irresponsible - I'm not even working at moment! They don't check to see whether circumstances have changed.

Jan

Whenever I've been sent these I write back saying I don't want them and if they continue to send them in the future I will be charging them £25 admin to securely dispose of them. So far, only one has ignored the letter, charged them, which they eventually paid :grin:

Nice one!