RossD

Buying a new Laptop.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey, I was going to buy a Refurbished Acer Laptop and i was going to pay it buy the "Simply 10" Finance option (It was one of the options whilst finding a laptop), Which i pay £45 a month for 10 months. I added it to my basket etc and only the 48 month payment comes up for Finance :/ Does anybody know if i can even buy it by "Simply 10"? Thanks, Ross.

Hey, I was going to buy a Refurbished Acer Laptop and i was going to pay it buy the "Simply 10" Finance option (It was one of the options whilst finding a laptop), Which i pay £45 a month for 10 months. I added it to my basket etc and only the 48 month payment comes up for Finance :/ Does anybody know if i can even buy it by "Simply 10"? Thanks, Ross.

So the laptop is £450 yes, thats well over the £250 lower limit for credit.

Edited by Renzokuken

Yes i know, So why wont it let me pick that option? It clearly says on the item that i can pay by the "simply 10" method, yet it wont show up when purchasing the laptop. Does anybody know why? :/

No idea, although I'd strongly urge against you buying anything refurbished from currys.

Refurbished = 3+ repairs for the same fault so they've been forced to exchange it over for the customer and resell it.

Oh, I didnt know that :/ I wanted it because its got a good graphics cards etc because i only use laptops for gaming. There isnt any other laptops for that price with the same specs :/

To be honest, if your gaming, get a desktop, even the most powerful laptops struggle to deliver decent frame-rates especialy at your current price range. And their portability is negated by the fact the battery lasts next to no time at all while gaming, therefor requiring the mains charger.

Desktops are easy to upgrade, give you more power per pound. Obviously you can't carry one around, but at least your games won't be horrible and choppy.