jimbo45

Thannks Caggers - Getting Enough Evidence against Rossendales

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I can't believe what I'm reading in these Forums -- No I DON'T mean that people here are telling lies -- but the fact that the horror stories I'm reading on these threads can and DOES happen in 21st Century Britain where people who probably can least afford it are being threatened with what can only be described as extortionate Fees and often dubious practices at best if not downright illegal at the worst.

I thought Feudal Britain was part of History -- obviously isn't as it seems it's alive and kicking.

Can ANYBODY who is legally qualified please state PRECISELY the conditions and procedures that a Council has to follow before they are allowed to "Call their dogs" in - for example is it a LEGAL requirement that they must

a) obtain a Liability Order

b) before enforcing it must send a 14 day notice of intended action.

c) There is also a Nullo Bono provision in that after a period (90 days) the DEBT must be passed back to the person who obtained the Liability order -- in this case The council. When is the 90 day period reckoned from -- The date of the liability order, Date of a Bailiff's "First alleged Visit" - which they often apparently LIE about, or a date when the usral typical nonsensical Threatogram arrives threatening £110 "Van Fee" etc.

d) A COUNCIL is REQUIRED by LAW to collect Council tax - so is there any statute we can use to FORCE the council to take the debt back apart from sitting it out until "Nullo Bono" applies.

e) if we are unfortunate enough to actually have to deal with a Bailiff - might be because a visitor / child etc accidently let them in - can we ask them to show us the actual Court authority (i.e the Liability order) before allowing them to go about their grisly business and if they don't have it can we eject them forthwith. Hopefully this will NEVER apply if you DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THESE WRTECHES IN.

If we can ONCE AND FOR ALL put an end to this GHASTLY often ILLEGAL method Councils use for collecting Council tax then lets go for the juggler - especially now it seems Rossendales have employed at least ONE person - may be more who were "Struck off" the Bailiff's list but apparently was re-appointed again using a False name.

PLEASE KEEP POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH COUNCIL TAX BAILIFF PROBLEMS - ESPECILLY WITH ROSSENDALES.

Rossendales seems to crop up very regularly on the Caggers Forums now so maybe we can finally chase them out of business once and for all.

Without wanting to inject any Politics here - but I can't help getting REALLY MAD when I hear Politicians of all Parties saying they will do their utmost to prevent "public Services" from suffering during the Recession.

If using Bailiff's is a Public service then let's get rid of the WHOLE KYBOSH.

Anyway if any Lawyer can reply to the questions I've posed we can then go to the next level which is to start Naming and Shaming individual Councils who are using people of "questionable background" to carry out their work.

I'm currently in a dispute with Kingston Upon Hull City council over their refusal to take back a council tax bill --expect to be playing a great game of "Letter Tennis" with them soon over this issue.

BUT I AM NOT EVER PAYING ANYTHING TO ROSSENDALES NOW OR EVER.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

Thanks

That's VERY HELPFUL

The Post also on Devon and Cornwall Police guidelines in the Sticky section in this Forum is good as well.

Once again thanks -- I'm not a Lawyer and rather late in life (until relatively recently) have always been earning Good Money --not HUGE but decent.

I'm new to this stuff and just finding out the unbelievable B/S "Ordinary People" have to put up with.

Having Lived and worked in various countries including France and seen how people will NOT put up with B/S in those countries I'm NOT going to LIE DOWN and be trodden on by these bullies just because I'm back in the UK.

If this nonsense were to happen in France before you could even say the word Bailiff the whole village will turn up and support you - even the gendarmes are OK if obvious injustice is taking place - doesn't matter if you don't speak much French and come from another country -- you are in their village and "there for the grace of god go I" is a thought that passes in their minds -- The Fro--ies are fine --wish we had the same "Civic spirit".

Cheers

jimbo

"ordinary people"???

Hi Woody

No disrepect intended here - what I meant was that after a reasonable time of earning good money where all these sort of problems were non existant for me I find myself now having to deal with these types of problems that HUGE swathes of people have to handle every day - probably the majority who one way or another are struggling to pay bills / mortgages etc etc whilst these BAILIFF **** try and make their odious living by employing SCARE TACTICS against people who they think will be easy prey.

The vast majority of people (including myself) have very little experience of the Law --especially being at the receiving end of this type of B/S and it's THANKS to sites like this that help us through what is a real minefield.

I still have trouble in believing that a lot of this stuff goes on. - I'm over 60 now and always had been bought up to think Britain was a fair and decent society -- as I'm nudging towards "Senior Citizenshio" I'm not so sure anymore.

Anyway let's push on -- if we cause enough clogs into Bailiff Council Tax collection systems we might get the whole wretched system reformed. (Note of course much as we might not like it TAX in one way or another will have to be paid - and for that we need to get the Politicians to institute fairer taxation systems -- however that's another story -- all we can do here that current systems for collecting tax comply 100% WITHIN THE LAW and report those that don't).

Cheers

jimbo

No offence taken. I was just making the point that anyone can fall foul of these leeches.

All it takes is a disputed parking fine.