• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Loan PPI - Urgent Help Required to check its correct

officejet1000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helllo fellow CAG members,

Firstly, they have been fantastic, yes pick yourselves up off the floor, one letter from me, one back to say we are checking, then an offer.

May help I still have an existing loan outstanding

I have made a claim for PPI against a loan I had taken out with Welcome in 2004, they have come back and agreed as a gesture of goodwill to refund, before I accept I want to know how to check it was correctly refunded. I have used teh CAG PPI Spreadsheet, but getting confused, can anyone help? Also is there a template letter, to go back and say thank you very much, however I would like it contractually?

The loan figures are a bit mis leading, and I don't know which APR to use for the contractual interest.

Also I had a rebate of some in 04 as I paid the loan off in full early, but it appears I have beeen charged a £75 acceptance fee, and then a £3.05 acceptance fee each month !!!????

One last thing, I was told that possibly as the PPI was mis sold then the whole loan agreement could have been invalid, and not only could I calim back the PPI+ contractual interest, but the full cost of the loan - any one know anything?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by officejet1000
Forgot final question

can you post up a copy of your agreement, minus personal details...use photobucket for this.

This will enable other caggers to look, and then give advise accordingly.

thanks

bo2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Here are the three pages that are relevant, one is the original loan agreement, one is the loan & PPI breakdown they sent with the offer and the other is the Settlement Offer I paid them, when I paid the loan off.

Io the PPI refund they are offering:

PPI Premium Paid: £ 819.25

Associated Interest: £ 74.82

8% Interest: £ 39.54

Total: £ 933.61

Less Partial PPI Rebate £399.78 in Sept 04 = £633.83 as a cheque and I have to confirm before the 15th DFec 09

I wanted to reclaim interest contractually, and re the rebate in Sept 04, was this done correctly?

Lastly I am in severe hardship, have a court date for eviction etc, can I get them to pay direct into account, to speed up? If I can pay off arrears before certain date I wont be evicted

Officejet.jpg

Officejet-Original-Welcome-.jpg

OfficejetOriginal-Welcome-L.jpg

if you are using photobucket use the code

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

im not sure if flickr is another option?

if i can help with photobucket dont be afraid to msg :)

or if ur details are edited out i can give u my email address in a private msg and post them up for you if that would help :)

Edited by beyondhope
Typo

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Have contacted Welcome re the offer of PPI refund, and requsted, payment contractually. Using the CAG PPI Calculator

Requested refund of 966.69

+ Interest 5331.38 was at 32.5% from sept 04

Total: 6298.07

They refused point blank, and said if I didnt like it to take to FOS.

I do not have time to go to FOS, what can I lodge at court to get them to pay up?

Hello, I believe you are the expert on Welcome.

Thanks for your post, I believe I just made a complaint saying I had been mis sold, it wasnt explained to me properly, and I requested a refund contractually.

They said yes made4 offer as before, then I said its wrong, and they said no way go to FOS, today I issued a letter to Margaret Young, and Roland Todd at Cattles asking them to look at it, and I would enforce through court and if be issue a winding up procedure - how do I enforce

You Need To Get A Complaint Into The System

Miss-selling Covers

Are You In The Armed Services

Was A Statement Of Means Done, That Is Sutability

Did You Sign It And Do You Have A Copy

With Out It Welcome Are Stuffed

Do You Have A Pre=exsisting Medical Condition

Are You Self Employed, Full Time, Retired Etc

Do You Work In A Hazard Occupation

Etc Etc

I already have, I made rthe complaint first, the complaints dept, split it in 2 sent one to PPI reclainm team and they were dealing with complaint, PPI came back and made offer, I counter offered, complaints came back and said they have dione nothing wrong, which is why today I made formal complaint to the chairman and legal counsel fior cattles

I dont think its relevant, they already made the offer , and admitted mis sellimng, they offered in full less the rebate at the time, + 8% however I had asked for it contractually, and so I then went back having filled out the CAG PPI XLS and asked for the new amount when they then said no9 to that, and to go to FOS if wasnt happy.

its the second loan I didnt haver ppi on, they messed up the paperwork, and never issued me with new agreement, and stated tat London was in Surrey, in addition from 1st loan I was due an amount that was paid into a suspense account and then they nwever repaid to me,

Well They Had It Off You At Contractual Rate But Think On This

Welcome Have Gone Tits Up

You Might Be Better Accepting The 8% And Swollowing Your Pride

The Parent Company Will Prob Be Going Into Addmin Very Soon And You Will Be At The Bottom Of The Pecking Order Then

The Bank, Rbs Has First Strike

Take My Word On This

There Will Be Nothing Left

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning, and Happy New Year to you, how is the leg?

I understand what you are saying, however is there anything I can lodge in court to force their hand? The legal counsel and CEO of Cattles ignored my communication before Christmas, explaining situation and giving opportunity for redress

Edited by officejet1000
Politeness

you will be looking at 3 to 6 months in the court system

i know its hard but go for the 8% and bank the cheque

rbs could sell off and close down cattles anytime

might be tomorow, next week, in six months

thats not if but when that happens

you will get nothing

just think on it

you will lose about 300 quid in court fees as well

I appreciate that, I just need to lodge the paperwork, if you cannot help, could you point me in the right direction. If my papers aren't in I won't stand a chance, also I have another case pending court date 29th Jan, and if I can prove funds coming, then I can uise it to help me a: get an adjournment or b: show the court that I am due funds

if we are about we need to have a chat later on

if this goes to court, the first thing the judge will ask is

HAS THIS COMPLAINT BEEN DELT WITH BY THE FOS

then he will see

WELCOME HAVE OFFERED A REFUND

why is this case before me

you might even have costs award against you as a vexatious litigant

ive had welcome in court, judge asked those questions about the fos

ime just warning you to sit and consider all options

if you are set in court action, i will advise to the best of my ability but its against my better judgement

• 1 month later...

Here are office jets agreements Ill leave explanations of what they are to officejet:

Officejet-Original-Welcome-.jpg

OfficejetOriginal-Welcome-L.jpg

Officejet.jpg

I believe first one is original agreement, second is settlement letter and 3rd relates to the subject of this thread