They will make her bankrupt for 4000 pounds, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, Also, I Am NoW GOINGTo Get InTouch With The Moderators.......

WHY WE ARENT FIGHTING, SIMPLE. THE DJ SAID SHE HAD SEEN 25 CASES ON MONDAY 28TH AND TUESDAY 29, OUT OF ALL THOSE, ONLY 3 WERE SET ASIDE, HER ADVICE WAS TO NEGOTIATE...AS WE WOULD LOSE.....EVIDENCE AGAINST MY WIFE FAR TOO MUCH, SHE WANTED MORE EVIDENCE FROM US THAT WE COULD PROVE AN UNENFOREABLE DEBT...

AS SHE POINTED OUT, IF THEY HANDT HAVE TURNED UP THEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SET ASIDE..SHE ADVISED US TO SETTLE..

If you/your wife were taken to court as a Defendant, then it's not up to you/your wife to prove an unenforceable debt.... it's up the Claimant bringing the action against you.

Are you now saying that you were the Claimant?

If so, then it would explain why you never posted up the POC... like you were asked to... :rolleyes:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaconsman, there's far too much on this (and other) threads that really doesn't add up.... this is why people doubt your authenticity.

If your wife doesn't want to follow advice on here, then that's up to your wife. You've said that she has a friend who is a "lawyer" (I assume you mean solicitor).... If your wife prefers to get her advice from elsewhere, then it is her decision entirely.

You've also said that your wife earns 3 x as much as you.... yet you work in education. The assumption is that you're a Physics teacher, but as your info. continues to be vague... you could also be a lab technician.... which might make more sense.

The point I'm making is that on the face of it, you and your wife appear to have an income that a lot of people would be grateful for.... yet absolutely no idea about how to manage it. Please forgive me if that sounds judgemental....

Bottom line is.... either you want our help or you don't. If you don't, then rather than attack the advice given to you... just go away.

:)

• Haha 1

I guessed why your nick was what it was so never doubted you on that score, it's just that your wife not wanting our advice is a bit suspect seeing as you kept asking. I agree with P1 that your earnings should be enough not to be affraid of a £4000 debt.

If you choose the VCO and make an agreement to pay £50 a month that's upto you and your wife. Just never seen it before on here :confused:

Would someone who is not working in the Financial Sector have a case for unfair dismissal if they lost their job because of being made Bankrupt.

Not sure on that one ODC, but as I work in the education sector myself... an unqualified teacher (Instructor) would be on approx. £17K at least... so if that's what the day job is and his wife's on 3x his salary (as he claims), then he appears to be in a far better position to sort his/his wife's problems out than most people on here.

;-)

Obviously for those who critisise my wife's opinions, fine, I came on here to help her, she doesnt want to fight them, unless she registers herself on here, which I will ask her too...by the way, my laptop has internet problems plus our service is being affected by the adverse weather here in the wolds..as for others nitpicking my spelling, oh dear..u really ought to get a friggin life...as for my teaching quals, no, i am not yet a qualified teacher, and have no intention to be...I want to work in Higher education..as for those who wish to question my experience or teaching skills...carry on, silence is golden as far as i am concerned..i have posted on here before for other things, now i am not too sure as this forum is getting to be like the one on MCN,(motorcycle news)..anyway ..arte et marte....If I need anymore advice on my own finances, then I may or may not be back judging by the comments as to the sincerity of who I am, if i work for a dca...not a good ad for CAG is it?..if anyone wishes to converse to me, i have no objections to pming and giving you my number....??..hmm, thought not....typing on a forum and slagging off other people is a cowards way...mano a mano...far better...anyway, I am off now to start my motorbike up as she is a bit chilly..

Thanks all to the genuine replies, I am sorry but this isnt my fight, its my wifes, she has decided to drop the action for the set aside..

Please no more comments about my profession etc..as an ex soldier i tend to get a bit offended as to the services i have given and some of you ahve (Correction, HAVE)! the right to post freely here...others in the world are not so lucky, so think on.....

all very well reading about the successes, what about the ones that havent been won, like ours?..if a judge says we would lose, then we will lose....plus she wasnt arsed about the fact they had failed to coply with a cca request....

22 out of 25 set asides LOST! Not won, LOST! think there is a fair assumption, that yes, we have drawn a lottery with the judge and she is a bad one...

all very well reading about the successes, what about the ones that havent been won, like ours?..if a judge says we would lose, then we will lose....plus she wasnt arsed about the fact they had failed to coply with a cca request....

22 out of 25 set asides LOST! Not won, LOST! think there is a fair assumption, that yes, we have drawn a lottery with the judge and she is a bad one...

You wouldn't be the first to get a cack Judge, Beaconsman.... and nothing worth having in life is easy. I've fought many, many battles in my life.... and I woudn't say any of them have been particularly easy.... but I would have lost the house I'm in now if I'd gone through a solicitor years ago. I've never forgotten that, which is why I've always handled everything myself; DMPs the lot. As a result (I believe), I'm not in Debt Row any more... :)

Sometimes you have to keep on with the fight to see justice done and/or maintain a certain standard of living for yourself and your family. You also have to believe in yourself...

Edited by PriorityOne
typo

We can discuss this 'til the cows come home but the fact remains that you keep saying that your combined income is very high but you don't say why a £4000 debt is bothering you appart from your wife's job being at risk if she was made BR :confused:

I bet she didn't tell you how many of the defendants didn't show ;)

Then it sounds as if your legal argument wasn't strong enough. A courtroom is a place where aspects of law are challenged and debated, so to speak. People who go in there need to fight their corner.... which means that the arguments need to be polished to perfection.

When they're not, people often find themselves ripped to shreds.

If you appeal you will win eventually. It's as simple as that, the precedent law goes all the way to the House of Lords, and nothing that a poor example of a DJ says or does can ever trump that.

However, you have chosen to give up the fight, as is your right, so there is no point in advising further.

This is one of the most confusing threads I've seen on CAG.

Can the OP please make clear which court this was, who the judge was, and exactly what the hearing was for. We might be able to make some sense of it all then.

Quoted as it seems the OP missed this one to answer whilst ranting at other forum members!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

If the OP is going to continue being defensive, and ignoring/contradicting what advice is passed his way, then what's the point of continuing this thread? Hasn't enough time been wasted on this already?

If the OP is going to continue being defensive, and ignoring/contradicting what advice is passed his way, then what's the point of continuing this thread? Hasn't enough time been wasted on this already?

... because underneath it all, he might actually need some help, not have the confidence to take the system on right now and be lashing out at anyone and everyone instead. It's easier for some people to do that sometimes...

If he needs/wants help, then people will try and listen to him, but at the moment he's not making much sense.... so no-one can.

I'm not entirely sure of the story, I'll admit.... but am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if/when he responds to some of the questions that have been asked.

• Haha 1

Quoted as it seems the OP missed this one to answer whilst ranting at other forum members!

Ker you have asked OP for information ie Court and Judge. Not a good idea at all. :)

Priority One has answered this.. whilst there is the slightest chance that beaconsman does genuinely require the help of CAG then it will be available to him and his wife.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ker you have asked OP for information ie Court and Judge. Not a good idea at all. :)

In actual fact, I QUOTED a post from a member of the site team :)

Perhaps you should talk to them instead :)

Edit here's the link to the post quoted :)http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2670097.html

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

with respect , firstly, stop shouting.

secondly if you posted up the documents that you spoke of it might go some way to showing those who doubt you that you are indeed genuine

they will (rightly) assume that if you cant show the docs you may be disingenuous

personally i remain neutral on the issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks